LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Singletary Best Coach? (NFL.com)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d8133c543&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
and no crap martz doesnt mention the guy that fired him. hahahahhaa
Mike Nolan is why the broncos are 4-0

*runs and hides*
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

*runs and hides*

yea.. i gotta tell you.. i hated the guy, but what hes doing right now is REALLY impressive. that defense was AWFUL last year. just crazy i tell ya.
Even a Saint's fan commented on Coach Sing!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

*runs and hides*

He is a very good defensive coordinator, but a crappy head coach that should write a book on how to ruin a young quarterback.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Nolan being a HC really helped his DC abilites imo. There's prob so much he learned about both sides of the ball that its made him a better DC.
Originally posted by Antix:
Nolan being a HC really helped his DC abilites imo. There's prob so much he learned about both sides of the ball that its made him a better DC.

i think so too. not to mention he had 4 different offenses to observe first hand, lol.

i think his time w/ the niners was a humbling experience for him. if he ever gets a shot as a HC with another team he might do better. like how belichick was horrible as the browns HC. (no i'm not saying nolan will be the next great head coach)

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Oct 8, 2009 at 14:56:40 ]
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
and no crap martz doesnt mention the guy that fired him. hahahahhaa

he usually gives us props on nfl network.
I can honestly see why Martz picked McDaniels. Whereas Singletary might have been expected to do average so far (.500 record), the Broncos were predicted to be among the worse teams in the NFL. I was one of those that thought the Broncos would be terrible this year.

The broncos defense is not as good as everyone thinks.... Champ baily is awesome but they barely beat the bengals in the season opener than they beat the browns and raiders.... The cowboys suck and the broncos will lose the next four games. Please stop giving mike Nolan props! This teams going to be exposed!
Singletarys the man
Mike Nolan is a really good DC. He always was, but he couldn't hold Sing's jock strap as a HC. Its that simple.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can honestly see why Martz picked McDaniels. Whereas Singletary might have been expected to do average so far (.500 record), the Broncos were predicted to be among the worse teams in the NFL. I was one of those that thought the Broncos would be terrible this year.

The Broncos may yet be terrible. 4-0 is impressive but look who they played. The Bengals, Browns, Raiders and Cowboys. The lucked out against the Bengals and the Cowboys are very over rated. The next stretch of games will be a truer measure of exactly how far they have come.

I still hate Nolan though, regardless of what he seems to be doing with the Broncos D... He is a duplicitous, cunning, scheming douche bag.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

The Broncos may yet be terrible. 4-0 is impressive but look who they played. The Bengals, Browns, Raiders and Cowboys. The lucked out against the Bengals and the Cowboys are very over rated. The next stretch of games will be a truer measure of exactly how far they have come.

I still hate Nolan though, regardless of what he seems to be doing with the Broncos D... He is a duplicitous, cunning, scheming douche bag.

A lot of people fail to see the fact that Nolan's famous "prevent defense" almost lost them the Dallas game!!! -If Payton Manning was in Romo's shoes during that final possession in the redzone, Denver would've been handed its first (well-deserved) loss.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 8, 2009 at 15:43:58 ]
Share 49ersWebzone