There are 147 users in the forums

Mike Singletary is the best "leader" in the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In my humble and honest opinion, there is no other man in the NFL who can lead a group of young,old,mid-aged men better than this man right here...Mike Singletary.
Witnessing his preachings and statments throughout several press confrences', and during football games, just only places more truth to the leader trademark he is recieving. I know plenty of teams around the NFL who are jealous and envious that we have him as our teams' leader.

Just today in his press confrence he not only makes the reporters aww, as he speaks, but makes all the viewers eyes' and ears' open up to listen to his symbolic statements.
I for one am a proud 49er fan and a follower, but also a deep supporter of Mike Singletary.

This organization is heading towards a great direction, thanks to a leader who is willing to make a change, and build a team enviornment.

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Oct 7, 2009 at 12:29:12 ]
Not sure if he is THE best, but definitely one of the best.

Might be too early to tell, our team could drop the next 4 games, and then everybody would be calling for Singletary's head.
Mike Tomlin is a pretty great leader, too.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by King49er:

Look at what he was left to work with. Sing took a jumbled mess and turned it around. Not to mention getting guys, who are not superstars, to play above thier potential. I'll take Sing anyday.

I agree about Tomlin, he seems to have the total support of his club, but what SIng has done with this team over the last nine months is nothig short of amazing. PEACE FROM THE FAN
I also wanted to credit Singeltary's teammate Ron Rivera, DC for San Diego. He pulled his defense to the side like Sing did and was FIRED UP!

I agree with Tomlin being a great leader also.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I assume you are talking coaches? If that's the case I would say Peyton Manning is the best leader in the NFL.

HA! Ya, it's so hard to come in and lead a team that just won the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by krizay:
I assume you are talking coaches? If that's the case I would say Peyton Manning is the best leader in the NFL.

I agree, he is probably hands down the best active player when it comes to coaching young players. They were talking about how he takes rookie receivers individually to help them work on their routes and to get timeing down with ALL the receivers.

You kidding me? He's been relishing off the fruits of Bill Cowher's personnel/coaching staff. The fruits are already beginning to dry up and it's hitting Tomlin straight in the face.

I have nothing against Tomlin, but he's WAY overrated, and if he had gone on to coach a team like the Rams he'd look as bad as Raheem Morris right now.

When I talk about leadership, I dont mean only on the football field, i mean off it as well. Singletary is a much better leader than Tomlin at that. There are steeler players in the news, doing negative things...ala big ben and Santonio Holmes! Not one negative thing has been brought out towards the men Mike singletary has been leading here since day 1(you can't include Crabtree).

Agreed on this point, but there is something special about Mike Singletary.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Agreed on this point, but there is something special about Mike Singletary.

yeah its called having the "been there, done that, HOF" quality.
  • 4tNinerFan
  • Info N/A

Mike Tomlin inherited a super bowl team.
Share 49ersWebzone