There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Morgan will have the best game of his career on Sunday

I hope crabs can block near the LOS. I think I have seen morgan blocking at the LOS after motion as much as he has run down field.
I'm hoping Crabtree makes everyone say "Josh who?" within a few weeks. No offense to Morgan, and I don't mean to dis him. But I think some 49er fans overrate him, because we really haven't had sh*t for wide receivers in such a long time.
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
You watch, Josh Morgan is a kid/player who is at his best when he is motivated and focused and with the Crabtree signing, I think he steps his game up. Remember how great Morgan was looking at TC but then he kinda got a little lazy/inconsistent because I think he got comfortable, now with Crabtree on the team I think Morgan steps his game as do our other WR's.

IMO, Josh Morgan on Sunday vs the Falcons- 7 catches, 88yds, 1td

Originally posted by B_Carmine:

MAN those uniforms look cool!
Josh Morgan showed some real flashes of brillance in his rookie preseason, but he hasn't showed much since then. I hope Crabtree comes in and really tears it up.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Josh Morgan showed some real flashes of brillance in his rookie preseason, but he hasn't showed much since then. I hope Crabtree comes in and really tears it up.

Both should benefit from each other on the field, now it's just a matter of play calling.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Both should benefit from each other on the field, now it's just a matter of play calling.

...and blocking, and passing...
This is what's going to happen
Crabtree starts vs. Houston and Morgan is the #3 WR and rotates in with both Crabs and Bruce coming out at different times as well as playing together
Bruce has another 0 catch day
Morgan has a nice game and looks really good playing along side Crabtree
Bruce is benched in favor of Morgan the next week
I am convinced the team didn't want to bench Bruce a legend and future HOF 16 year vet for a guy who hasn't played yet. Morgan however is what a 6th round pick? You don't have to do much explaining to the locker room about that one.
Week 8 Bruce will have 0 or 1 catch meanwhile B.Jones will have at least 3 catches
B.Jones takes Bruce's spot week 9 as the #3 WR
then i'm not sure if Bruce would ask for his release or just earn a free gamecheck.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Crabtree starts vs. Houston and Morgan is the #3 WR and rotates in with both Crabs and Bruce coming out at different times as well as playing together
I am convinced the team didn't want to bench Bruce a legend and future HOF 16 year vet for a guy who hasn't played yet. Morgan however is what a 6th round pick? You don't have to do much explaining to the locker room about that one.
Week 8 Bruce will have 0 or 1 catch meanwhile B.Jones will have at least 3 catches
then i'm not sure if Bruce would ask for his release or just earn a free gamecheck.

I don't see Bruce getting benched

Im sure you will see Morgan and Bruce share snaps, I think the team did not want to come out and bench Bruce in favor of a rookie (who just signed 2wks ago) but you can be sure Morgan will be getting some of Bruce's snaps and he will also be splitting some time with Crabtree and also seeing action as the 3rd WR, so Morgan may not lose many if any snaps.

He just may end up having one of his best games of his career with all the hype and attention around Crabtree and the fact Gore is back so that means 8 and 9 man fronts again.
Originally posted by backontop:

and i dont see the niners wasting their money by sitting their WR FA pick up on the bench just to demote isaak bruce gradually, if singletary does this it is very nolanesque of him
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

and i dont see the niners wasting their money by sitting their WR FA pick up on the bench just to demote isaak bruce gradually, if singletary does this it is very nolanesque of him

how would it be nolanesque? Crabtree is the only guy you want to get into the starting lineup. It would be a really bad PR and locker room move to put Crabtree ahead of Bruce now. By moving Morgan out of the lineup it gives them time and an opportunity to replace Bruce w/Morgan.
  • B650
  • Veteran

how would it be nolanesque? Crabtree is the only guy you want to get into the starting lineup. It would be a really bad PR and locker room move to put Crabtree ahead of Bruce now. By moving Morgan out of the lineup it gives them time and an opportunity to replace Bruce w/Morgan.

Doesn't matter if Morgan and Jones have more catches than Bruce. Doesn't mean he's going to be benched. The 49ers are all about the safe pick. Bruce is a veteran who knows what he's doing. He'll probably start alongside Crabtree for the rest of the season (as long as we're competing for a playoff spot).

They let Sheets go because he couldn't freakin' block. That tells you all you need to know.

nolans whole thing was loyalty. loyalty is good but he put personal friendships in front of the team. thats why we had to enjoy mark romans play every year nolan was here, thats why we had to see the vets play and rookies and young players get no playing time because it would make the vets look bad. the way i see it, the best people should play, bruce is definately not the best or even in the top 3 WR's we have. he shouldnt play. im sure the ownership doesnt like bruce taking up a spot ahead of Jones either since they paid him to be a starter