LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Josh Morgan will have the best game of his career on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You watch, Josh Morgan is a kid/player who is at his best when he is motivated and focused and with the Crabtree signing, I think he steps his game up. Remember how great Morgan was looking at TC but then he kinda got a little lazy/inconsistent because I think he got comfortable, now with Crabtree on the team I think Morgan steps his game as do our other WR's.

IMO, Josh Morgan on Sunday vs the Falcons- 7 catches, 88yds, 1td
if a guy is getting too comfortable to produce before he has ever even been productive then hes the s**ts.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
You watch, Josh Morgan is a kid/player who is at his best when he is motivated and focused and with the Crabtree signing, I think he steps his game up. Remember how great Morgan was looking at TC but then he kinda got a little lazy/inconsistent because I think he got comfortable, now with Crabtree on the team I think Morgan steps his game as do our other WR's.

Sucks how those stats would be his career best
Josh Morgan is a kid/player who is at his best when he is motivated and focused

Just curious as to why you think this is the case? What has Josh ever done to prove this to be the case?
He could've had 2 tds if he didnt drop that deep ball last Sunday. But regardless, I'm always rooting for Morgan, so I hope you're right!

Lazy? Really?!

According to ProFootballFocus.com, Morgan had been targeted just eight times heading into last week's game. Of those eight targets, he had seven catches. Eight targets rank him 84th in the league in targets.

Aside from the drop last week, Morgan has performed incredibly well when given the opportunity. This isn't going to change with Crabtree on the roster.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Just curious as to why you think this is the case? What has Josh ever done to prove this to be the case?

I just think he is one of those guys who always needs to be pushed and focused and I think the Crabtree signing will help elevate his play. He was having a terrific early TC but then let up, I think because he realized Crabtree would not be signing anytime soon and he was guranteed of a starting spot.
I hope so, this was supposed to be his breakout season.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Unless we change offensive philosophies quickly, I don't see how he improves his number much. When you only get targeted once or twice, it's pretty hard to catch 7 balls. You figure 7-9 for VD, 5-7 for Coffee, that leaves half of the rest of the attempts spread out to the whole team. I'll be surprised if Morgan gets 5 balls his way all day.

hes making it up. theres no way he can prove something like that, especially with such a young reciever. reality check.. he was a ROOKIE last year. its not like weve had years to study his work habbits.

He was very inconsistent at Virginia Tech, he had games where he was a total non factor. It does seem like he has matured since we drafted him but I think he still has a ways to in terms of being a solid, all-around, consistant WR and I think Crabtree will help him get there.
I'll be wearing my Morgan jersey on Sunday
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I'll be wearing my Morgan jersey on Sunday

I can finally start wearing my Crabtree jersey but Ill probably hold off until at least the Texans game. For now it's either my Gore or Vernon Davis jersey (have to get a white Willis jersey before the season is over).
I hope crabtree negotiated, that Jimmy Raye would call more passing plays, before he signed his contract.
Let's hope Crabtree put blocking in his workout
Share 49ersWebzone