There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Surprise Rookie SCOTTIE MCKILLOP

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
D.Smith Jr.

If he plays anywhere near Derek Smith, it would be a huge plus for the Niners. Smith was a productive starter in the league for a long time.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Meh...I just think he was in the right place at the right time for that TD.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of anything from him. Hopefully that changes.

Every person who recovers a fumble is 'in the right place at the right time'.

It is being in that place that is the hard part.
Originally posted by teeohh:
he has more touchdowns that michael crabtree

What the article fails to mention is that McKillop also very nearly got a sack in the 4th quarter. The only reason he didn't (he had timed his blitz perfectly, and Aubray Franklin DESTROYED the interior of the Rams O-Line) is that Patrick Willis beat him to the quarterback.
Originally posted by NASTYNATE22:
to me it looks like Manusky is shaping up our line backing core to look like the chargers when he was there. i saw scottie play the last preseason game live and dam he was all over the field. good draft pick if he keeps up this type of progress

I really like the way our defense is set up & playing!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Meh...I just think he was in the right place at the right time for that TD.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of anything from him. Hopefully that changes.

Right place, right time. Yes. But I think that he's going to be a good player for us for a long time.

Jason Hill should get an assist for knocking the only two Rams with a chance to get in on the scrum out the back of the endzone. That was a GREAT heads-up play.

I know, that was a GREAT block
McKillop reminds me alot of Teddy Bruschi for some reason he does a little bit of everything a good football player. Glad he is a 49er!
He was a nice fifth-round pickup. It's true that his TD was more of a lucky happenchance, but he put himself in that position to make the play. It's still way too early to make any meaningful kind of prediction about him, but I like what I see so far.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
D.Smith Jr.

I agree with this, but I think it's actually a compliment. D Smith was a great, blue collar LB in his prime. His skills fell off towards the end, but don't overlook what he did for the niners earlier on. IMO, that's exactly the kind of guy we need next to Willis.

Agreed, it is just plain stupid to rag on D Smith, he was a pretty damn good LB for most of his career with the Niners, and his numbers only dropped off because of an eye injury. Show some class people!
Scottie is the real deal!