Crabtree as Return Man

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by dr8van:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Terrible idea. Just because he's a good WR doesn't mean he's a good return man.

but it can...see deashwn jackson in philly and percy harvin in minnesota.

Terrible comparison, those guys are undersized speed/ quickness guys who returned kicks very well in college. Crabtree, who never returned a single kick in college, is closer to Boldin than anything and not built to return kicks.

He did return kicks, see my previous post.

You would know. Still bad comparison though. He's going to be the more physical type receiver and those guys don't generally return kicks. Plus too much money to pay a guy to get hurt on a KO return.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Negative!!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I kinda agree with the Return Man idea! Let his little b***h-ass get knocked around and beat up a little as punishment! That will make him toss his purses away and get into football shape!

Yes, let's put him out there to get knocked around, fumble the ball, and lose us the game, just to prove a point!

And yes, I love commas!

How the f**k do you predict all of that?? I've seen your comments in all of the crabtree blogs and you are all over his nutz! Is that how much faith you have in your boy??

I've only been here for a day. Thinking of someone else?

Nope. Pretty sure it was you! You've "only been here for a day", yet you already have 145 postings. I'm not going to go show you every instance, but its pretty evident from the threads you post in:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?action=submit

Looks like you and CrapTree...

OK...so you have no idea what you're talking about.

I like the guy, I just don't think he should be returning kicks. I don't see the problem with that.

So what from my posting didnt make it obvious that I was being sarcastic?? Then you come back with an dumb comment already predicting and making s**t up about the guy droping balls and losing games??? That is the problem with that!
Originally posted by cestmoi:

Terrible comparison, those guys are undersized speed/ quickness guys who returned kicks very well in college. Crabtree, who never returned a single kick in college, is closer to Boldin than anything and not built to return kicks.

He did return kicks, see my previous post.

You would know. Still bad comparison though. He's going to be the more physical type receiver and those guys don't generally return kicks. Plus too much money to pay a guy to get hurt on a KO return.

Yeah, not a great idea. But in a pinch he could get the job done.

How about ... Crabtree in the slot?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Well played, T.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
lol

ya
no thanks, I do not want him injured returning kicks.
Not a bad idea, but that's Rossum/Battle/even Spurlock's job. But Spurlock will probably be cut and isn't PS eligible...too bad.

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Jacka:
I can see Crabtree getting some run as the punt returner along with 5-10 snaps a game to get him worked into the mix. He would be a beast as a punt returner and a good way to get something out of him until he learns the offense

He's returned two kickoffs since High School.
He hasn't played meaningful football since December of 2008.
He doesn't know the offensive playbook, let alone the special teams playbook.
He's coming off a foot injury.

Let's see him run through a few weeks of practices and let him sit inactive before everyone anoints him.

Please explain to me why in the hell you would prefer Crabtree to be inactive? The niners have a simple playbook crabtree is not going to need long to learn it.
  • Clownshoes
  • Info N/A
I went to TT and Crabtree returned 2 kicks one for 50 yards the other is the one where he hurt his foot and wasnt the same for the rest of the season both against A&M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJZsjImymc 4:25 he returns a kick against A&M
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
The people who are worried about Crabtree getting hurt returning punts are ridiculous. It is FOOTBALL, you can't worry about him getting hurt. I would much rather have Crabtree making an impact as a return man until he gets worked into the receiver position then have him sitting 5th on the depth chart and get little to no run at receiver. Singletary is about winning and having a guy like Crabtree back there will help you win a hell of a lot more than Battle or Rossum. Even if it is just once or twice during the game he is the type of guy who can take one to the house once he gets his hands on the ball.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

I don't think Crabs is anywhere close to as fast as either of them. He's probably a good 2 tenths of a second slower than both.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Can't do it.
Don't want it.
not gonna hoppen.
Share 49ersWebzone