LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers vs. Crabtree (Contract - Who Won?)

The 49ers, Michael Crabtree, the fans and M.C Hammer
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I know I won because now I get to watch him play
What kinda stupid question is that? Who won? We won. He was the one who caved, he was the won who didn't get to enjoy being 3-1, he is the one who gets basically the same contract. Who won? Ha, child pleez.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
What kinda stupid question is that? Who won? We won. He was the one who caved, he was the won who didn't get to enjoy being 3-1, he is the one who gets basically the same contract. Who won? Ha, child pleez.

And how do you know he caved exactly?
Wow, I just looked at the results of the poll. 95% feel like the Niners won, despite not knowing what the contract is. Unbelievable.
Whats the contract all I know is 6yrs
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Wow, I just looked at the results of the poll. 95% feel like the Niners won, despite not knowing what the contract is. Unbelievable.

Intelligent people here

Did we raise the contract? No. Did we come meet him at Deion's crib? No. Did he come to see us? Yes. Would he of done this if we were 1-3? Probably not. So to some up, Did MC cave? Yes.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
when things like this happen, the team always comes out on top. I really dont care who "won". I'm just glad it's finally over with and we get our man on the field ASAP!

+1

Did we raise the contract? No. Did we come meet him at Deion's crib? No. Did he come to see us? Yes. Would he of done this if we were 1-3? Probably not. So to some up, Did MC cave? Yes.

How do you know we didn't raise the contract? The other stuff....really?

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 7, 2009 at 06:57:08 ]

Who cares? It's over and done. Lets get this kid on the field and play football. I'm more interested if the 9ers drop the tampering charges against the Jets now or if it goes forward? Can they even drop the charges after filed?
  • evil
  • Veteran

And look who started the poll ? I swear Tisser just likes to start threads/polls. He never gives his opinion in the 1st post, if he does give an opinion it will be after a bunch of others have given theirs and he will agree with the majority. He right to start new threads should be revoked.

One cuz Adam Schefter said so. Two cuz we have said over and over that we wouldn't. I mean come on the only thing that went up were the incentives, which is fine cuz we are getting a top 3 maybe best overall player in the draft, so it's all good.
  • evil
  • Veteran

One cuz Adam Schefter said so. Two cuz we have said over and over that we wouldn't. I mean come on the only thing that went up were the incentives, which is fine cuz we are getting a top 3 maybe best overall player in the draft, so it's all good.

Where did he say this ? have a link ?

From his twitter :

Part 1: just filed to ESPN - Early this am, San Francisco and its first-round pick Michael Crabtree reached agreement on a new contract.

Part 2 to ESPN: Crabtree's contract is a six-year deal that could void into a five-year deal based on Crabtree's performance.

Part 3 to ESPN: But deal is done and Crabtree's holdout is over. He is expected to report to the team's training facility today.

I haven't seen anything from Schefter that says that we didn't raise the contract. Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true, but just because there are performance incentives in the contract doesn't mean that the base/guaranteed money didn't change as well. Also, how easy will it be to reach the performance incentives? If it's something like 20 catches in a season, it is essentially the same thing as guaranteed money.

We said over and over that we wouldn't....so? That happens in negotiations all the time. Crabtree & Parker said that they wouldn't move off of their position either. Who cares what people say, it's a negotiation.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 7, 2009 at 07:06:32 ]
Share 49ersWebzone