There are 310 users in the forums

CRABTREE SIGNED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
So Crabtree sign's a 6 years, $40 million ($17M guaranteed).

6 years 32 mill with 17mill guaranteed

Link to 6 year 40mil w 17guaranteed

He gets $32 Million base, plus an $8.0 Million dollar bonus if he makes the Pro-Bowl in TWO of his first four seasons.

You're right in that he gets a 32 million base and an 8 mil bonus based on performance.

However, his two-Pro Bowl thing allows him to void his final year making this a 5 year deal.

Check out this article: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Crabtree-Inside-the-details.html

Brandt has been kick ass at breaking things down throughout the entire ordeal and now breaks down the contract.

Thanks for that link, Brandt has been spot-on. That's more complex than what I saw on Rotoworld, but the concept is consistent . . . he gets paid out of slot only if he performs . . . the way it should be.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 7, 2009 at 20:50:58 ]
Anybody curious why Parker wasn't at the presser?
Originally posted by jreff22:

He's too preoccupied with crying and drinking after the whoop ass the niners' front office handed him.

yeah because he failed and he failed bad. why in the hell would you want to be anywhere around this mess.
Originally posted by 49erJim:

yeah because he failed and he failed bad. why in the hell would you want to be anywhere around this mess.

I thought I saw him at your house!

probably busy trying to sign dez bryant
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I'm very happy the niners signed Crabtree and I hope all this turns out for the best and one day he turns into a great hall of fame 49er... that' being said. I still have this feeling that Crabtree could become a huge distraction. I don't trust this guy yet...

I don't think so. He seems like a nice, quiet guy. He mentioned in the press conference that he handled this whole situation by putting all his trust in Parker and letting him handle it. This tells me that Parker was mostly behind this, not Crabtree. Now that this is out of the way, I don't see him being a distraction. I'm excited to see this team play now. We have a lot of weapons and are going to be hard to defend, if our OL starts to show up.

I don't know man... I hope your right.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by ssahnan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
So Crabtree sign's a 6 years, $40 million ($17M guaranteed).

6 years 32 mill with 17mill guaranteed

Link to 6 year 40mil w 17guaranteed

He gets $32 Million base, plus an $8.0 Million dollar bonus if he makes the Pro-Bowl in TWO of his first four seasons.

if he does make the probowl twice or the 80% of the plays with a playoff appearance thing, he deserves the extra 8 mil

basically what they are saying to him is "we'll give you the 40 million, but you're damn well going to earn it, or not get it at all"

I thought that was to void the 6th year?

17 mil guaranteed......Parker got pwned.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 7, 2009 at 20:09:10 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran

Simple: the mystery man last night was actually Patrick Willis. His job was to "dispose of" Eugene Parker in an attempt to make Crabtree sign the contract, which is exactly what happened. Crabtree sprinted out of the hotel after he saw what happened and instructed his new agent (Hammer) to "get it done," for fear of suffering the same fate. Basically, Parker's dead.

Originally posted by B650:

Simple: the mystery man last night was actually Patrick Willis. His job was to "dispose of" Eugene Parker in an attempt to make Crabtree sign the contract, which is exactly what happened. Crabtree sprinted out of the hotel after he saw what happened and instructed his new agent (Hammer) to "get it done," for fear of suffering the same fate. Basically, Parker's dead.

Crabtree Joins the 49ers at Practice

I've been hard at work all day piecing together how MC signing went down.
Here are my findings put together from different sources.

Ring....

Unnamed Jets official: Hey Crabs, you know we are being investigated for tampering.

Crabs: yeah....

Unnamed Jets official: That $40 mil we promised.... well.... I'm afraid we can't trade for you or draft you anymore.

Crabs: WWWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT?

Unnamed Jets official: We are really sorry. Its not my idea, don't blame me.

Crabs: You can't do this to the Crabtree! They have songs written after me. Souja boy remember?

Unnamed Jets official: I know, you told us several times. Oh by the way we are trading for Braylon Edwards tomorrow.

Crabs: You f**king piece of s**t! you're trading for a Diva who can't catch instead of me???? You lying dirtbag!!!.... I'm going to score 10 TDs on your sorry ass team! You remember that.... ---- slams the phone.

Crabs to himself: Crap!... oh f**k f**k f**k f**k f**k... I have to fly to San Fran right now and accept the deal. Let me call my useless agent.

Iphone rings to the tune of .... Money for nothing and chicks for free....

Parker: Parker

Crabs: You mother f**ker. When will you going to tell me?

Parker: I was just about to call you Crabs. I can't believe they backed out. It was all set. That Deion should have never opened his jaba the hut mouth

Crabs: Shut your pie hole! .... Now get your fat ass to San Fran right now.

Parker: Does it have to be tonight?

Crabs: I swear, I am going shove my fist do you your throat and rip out your tongue.

Parker: Ok ok... I'll leave right now.

Ring........

Deion: Yo Crabs my boy, heard you're freaking out.

Crabs: I'm not f**king talking to you man. You're the reason I'm in this f**king mess.

Deion: just chill dude!... Have another subway. We still have the Boys!

Crabs: Have another f**king subway!... Thats all I've been doing the past 3 months. If I see another subway, I'm going to kill someone. Are you just plain stupid Deion!... Jerry Jones is not going to pay me. He just finished 3 plastic surgeries and he just paid a gazzilion dollars for the stadium with the big TV. I don't trust that howdy doody guy. Now, I'm going to Frisco and tell Hammer to pick me up in the airport. Tell him to rent a black SUV, I wouldn't be caught dead in his car. If his not there, I'm going to cut his Subway supply.

Crabs hangs up on Deion... .. Prime time my ass... I could have scored 20 TD on that fool. He doesn't even have any style. He picks clothes out of Cher's reject closet.

Before the meeting (undisclosed location).....

Parker to Crabtree: Now we have to have a united front on this. We have reputations to uphold. When we're united we can get more.

Crabs: Whats this f**king WE stuff. You just worried nobody would sign with you next year. Don't you worry about me, I'll show you f**king united.

Parker: Relax, relax have another subway.

Crabs: Ahhhhhhh... (grabs a pen about to stab Parker in the eye...... then)

Jed, Paraag, MCCloughan walks in the room... Parker and Crabs both look at them.

Crabs stands up and shouts "It his f**king fault. He told me to do it. The Tree by himself can't come up with this lame ass plan!"

Jed looks at them and says "I'm glad to have you here Michael. I'm sure Paraag can iron out the details with Parker. I don't think you would be needing me here."

Jed leaves the room... He spots Maiocco... "Damn, I'll cut through the restaurant, he won't catch me he's too slow. How the hell the he find out about this, I bet he already told the zone"

Back in the room....

Paraag looks at Parker laughing. Sits down and put down a calculator and voodoo doll that looks like Ralph Barbieri with 20 pins stuck to it.

Crabs stays for a while deciding whether to kill Parker now or later. He leaves.

Opens the door... "Oh man reporters, I'll go through the restaurant." "s**t, I can't believe this guy is chasing me. Even with my slow 40, I can out run this white boy".
"Hammer, better have parked that SUV on the side. Dammit didn't listen to me again. I have to run to the front now. I'm cutting that Too legit to s**t off".... " Hahha.... escaped from the reporter. Too easy..... Tree does it again..... where's my song?... Driver play my song, Crabtree is in the house"

--------------------

Ok I couldn't get more details after that.

Now you know the truth

Go Niners

[ Edited by TDNiners on Oct 7, 2009 at 21:47:27 ]
LMFAO!!!!!

Thats probably not far from the truth!

oh snap another Crabtree thread who would have guessed it
Share 49ersWebzone