LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

CRABTREE SIGNED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
Looks like Jed was smart to file the tampering charges, which probably set off this chain of events. Jets remove their under the table offer and start shopping for a #1 WR elsewhere and the Crabtree camp decides it's time to sign since they lost their payday. Looks like everybody is quick to forget what transpired here, but, Crabtree's behavior pattern tells me he is all about the money and will probably be a continuing headache on this team. Prove me wrong Crabtree.

In addition, I think Parker's move to wait it out for the Jets in 2010 was stupid. So many things can transpire during the course of an NFL season that to bank on a future promise shows some poor logic on Parker's part.

I consider this a victory for the organization in terms of dealing with future players.

I think it will be easy for Crabtree to surpass DHB in terms of production this year. It will be interesting to see if he can transition from Tech's spread to the pro game. I would start him out in the slot to work against nickel backs, safeties and LB's.
About time this got done!

Originally posted by RDB4216:
I guess I'll be in the minority here, and say I am NOT happy about this signing. Especially the timing of it. IF the NFL was going to actually do anything over the tampering accusations, our best bet to get someting done - and the best chance to maximize the penalty against the Jets (and compensation for us!) was when Crabtree wasn't signed and it looked like we were going to lose the pic altogether.

I was really hoping we wouldn't even consider signing him until after the NFL ruled. Now they will just look at it as "Oh well, so he missed out on a few months of a 5-year contract". Stupid move.

I disagree. The smart move was to sign our 10th overall pick.

We were not going to recieve anything more in a trade, and the league was not going to award us a 10th overall or higher pick for any possible tampering anyway. The most likely scenario was the league would punish the Jets by taking away picks. Perhaps we could have ended up with something, but in my opinion it wasn't going to be of equal value to a 10th overall pick, or having Crabtree on our team.

Also, I still think the league is going to penalize the Jets if it is found there was tampering. The people in charge of the investigation are from other teams. They will be happy to find the Jets guilty if there was indeed tampering. Not only that, Goodell is going to be under alot of pressure from GM's around the league to make a statement in this case, if true.

Seriously, unless you don't feel Crabtree's college success is going to translate inot success in the NFL, you should be a happy camper today.
Originally posted by tja683:
Does anyone find it odd that the same day Crabtree signs the Jet trade for Braylon Edwards?

that is the very same thing i thought.... very odd..............
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by King49er:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow Chris Carter just made a GREAT point

We have Bruce to help tutor Crabs this is great he is one of the top 5 WRs of all time hopefully Crabs takes advantage of this..... People say Bruce sucks and is old but his routes are a thing of beauty still
I hope he says a few words to the team. All the he said/she said could make for some harsh feelings. Hope not, but ya never know. It'd be nice if he just cleared the air and let his teammates know he was ready to play and help out!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

We have Bruce to help tutor Crabs this is great he is one of the top 5 WRs of all time hopefully Crabs takes advantage of this..... People say Bruce sucks and is old but his routes are a thing of beauty still

Yes. Michael needs to be become besties with Bruce. Take him to Subway everyday after practice and pick his brain!
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I hope he says a few words to the team. All the he said/she said could make for some harsh feelings. Hope not, but ya never know. It'd be nice if he just cleared the air and let his teammates know he was ready to play and help out!

I think that us fans take this A LOT more personally than the players do. They know that he was trying to get his money, which is something they've all done in the past as well. I'd guess that they have a very different perspective on this, and now that he's signed all they want is for him to bust his ass. That'll be what gets respect from the other players.
If nothing else, I'm happy that THIS drama is behind us and we can now focus on the upcoming games (which won't be easy).
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

I think that us fans take this A LOT more personally than the players do. They know that he was trying to get his money, which is something they've all done in the past as well. I'd guess that they have a very different perspective on this, and now that he's signed all they want is for him to bust his ass. That'll be what gets respect from the other players.

You are correct sir

nothing personal, just bidnizz!
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Read this. Nuts.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/crabtree-deal-f.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

Out of curiosity, trying to remember his big hit, I found MC Hammer's video for You Can't Touch This on YouTube. There is a dancer wearing a 9ers T in it. Matt Barrows is right, you can't make this stuff up. Whatever works. I hope Crappee doesn't pull a hammy this week.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--36510842
I'm just glad and hopeful that all the drama is over.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Agreed. If Crabtree, with all his physical tools, can learn how to run routes and carry himself like Isaac Bruce; we could be looking at our next HOF WR.

(Notice the IF)
Finally! The 49ers really need a receiver who can get separation and get open; Crabtree better be that guy.
Share 49ersWebzone