LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jimmy Rayes playcalling

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eventhough our o-line needs improvement I've notice that our offense has oppened up with some interesting plays , every sunday while watching the games i would ususally predict the offenses plays whether its a pass or run but i was quite surprise about on the amount time i was wrong this sunday so cudo's to Mr. Ray lets just get o-line fixed
1 thing I notice is when we were up 21-0 instead of run,run,run,punt, he went 4 da kill shot(da td to morgan). looks like old dogs can learn new tricks. He mayb ajustin at a slow rate but he still doin it. hopefully he continue to adjust his gameplan accordingly as da season go on. it'll be da difference in how far our season goes
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
Eventhough our o-line needs improvement I've notice that our offense has oppened up with some interesting plays , every sunday while watching the games i would ususally predict the offenses plays whether its a pass or run but i was quite surprise about on the amount time i was wrong this sunday so cudo's to Mr. Ray lets just get o-line fixed

The biggest difference I've seen is that he's got Vernon Davis facing the QB when catching the ball. I think that's been the difference between catching and dropping.

Our running game and passing game are being hindered by bad offensive line play. I don't know how much of that is coaching or technique or focus or whatever. But if our line doesn't start playing up to their potential, our offense will continue to look horrible.

And I'd like to see our WR's and QB get more efficient at hot reads. With 8 guys consistenty in the box, they absolutely should expect it, prepare for it and execute against it. No excuses.
Originally posted by carl:

The biggest difference I've seen is that he's got Vernon Davis facing the QB when catching the ball. I think that's been the difference between catching and dropping.

Our running game and passing game are being hindered by bad offensive line play. I don't know how much of that is coaching or technique or focus or whatever. But if our line doesn't start playing up to their potential, our offense will continue to look horrible.

And I'd like to see our WR's and QB get more efficient at hot reads. With 8 guys consistenty in the box, they absolutely should expect it, prepare for it and execute against it. No excuses.

V. Davis' catch improvement was the countless hours in front of a jug machine!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I love to spend countless hours in front of jugs...
I think a certain somebody was looking at our wr screen plays and was like ( if that was me i would have taking it all the way ) on that note for a physical receiver Josh Morgan gets taking down to easily
I love the search function.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130879&highlight=jimmy%20raye
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I love to spend countless hours in front of jugs...

Mmmmm... Jugs.
Hope Jimmy Raye continues to improve with play-calling as the season moves along.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
1 thing I notice is when we were up 21-0 instead of run,run,run,punt, he went 4 da kill shot(da td to morgan). looks like old dogs can learn new tricks. He mayb ajustin at a slow rate but he still doin it. hopefully he continue to adjust his gameplan accordingly as da season go on. it'll be da difference in how far our season goes

After reading this I officially have my first migraine.

• cyber9er
  • Info N/A
I think Jimmy Raye is doing an OK job. I liked the WR screens and the post routes over the middle for vernon.

[ Edited by cyber9er on Oct 6, 2009 at 21:22:33 ]
I think everyone seems to forget that this is a new offense. It will take time to learn the game speed plays and the cordinator to learn what player to call on in what situation. Growing pains, should keep improving each week.
If Singletary says the offense will evolve, then I'm looking forward to it.
funny how the zone was on Raye's as5 when he called the end around to Bruce that resulted in a loss, but this week when Walker runs the double reverse for positive yards, no one calls for his head.
Share 49ersWebzone