There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Art of the pump fake!!!

It's the smallest of inches, margins, tweaks in this league that make a difference and I think the pump fake is one of them!! I think if Hill would use more pump fakes we could get Morgan more involved and with Crabs possibly coming into town our passing is going to take a lil' more flight!! Basically what I'm getting at is Big Ben and if you noticed Favre last night, by using multiple pump fakes it gets a lot of corners to bite hard!! We all would love to see Hill's numbers improve and a few lil' adjustments such as a pump fake could make that happen!!!! Of course this all depends on the OLine doing their job, but that is the case with all teams!!
No doubt, it can be a great tool in the QB's arsenal. Just as a GOOD fake handoff, and the hard count can be.

Problem is, it seems that some have it, and some just dont. I don't know if it's an issue related to hand size or not (i.e., those with large hands can more confidently throw a hard fake pump, knowing that they are not going to lose control of the ball).
Shaun's is like a ''flinch'' or semi duck or something.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Shaun's is like a ''flinch'' or semi duck or something.

more of a Shoulder nudge..... I swear he looks like Rich Gannon out there.

but to get the pump fake working...we would need to pass more in the first place... throw consistent slants...

I WANT US TO THROW SLANT ROUTES TO VERNON and see if he can take it to the house.
Sanchez had a sick ass pump fake two weeks ago.


It was dirty.
Originally posted by got_five:
It's the smallest of inches, margins, tweaks in this league that make a difference and I think the pump fake is one of them!! I think if Hill would use more pump fakes we could get Morgan more involved and with Crabs possibly coming into town our passing is going to take a lil' more flight!! Basically what I'm getting at is Big Ben and if you noticed Favre last night, by using multiple pump fakes it gets a lot of corners to bite hard!! We all would love to see Hill's numbers improve and a few lil' adjustments such as a pump fake could make that happen!!!! Of course this all depends on the OLine doing their job, but that is the case with all teams!!


best pump fake EVAR!!!!
Aftermath of JTO's pump fake...
Very recently read somewhere or maybe saw it in one of the pre-game shows I was watching this weekend, can’t remember which, but they were talking about the pump fake and why only certain quarterbacks seem to do it well. Some QBs talking about it said that you have to do the fake nearly identical to an actual throw or the defense won’t bite. If a QB has his other hand over the nose of the ball to keep it from slipping out or if the QB uses a different arm motion (again I assume so as not to lose the ball in the process), it gives it away as a fake and nobody bites. In other words, you have to have big hands and/or a very strong grip so that you can do the motion properly without having the ball fly out. Manning also has a good pump fake. And I’m not sure how the different ball would affect it, but Nate Davis had a real nice pump fake in college.
favre has the best pump fake.
You have to have some time to try a pump fake. Right now Hill is trying to get it out as soon as possible to avoid the sack.

O-line needs to be better.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
best pump fake EVAR!!!!

why you gotta pick on him?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
best pump fake EVAR!!!!

Wow that gif jus made me throw up
To bad a pump fake would do nothing for Hill. He stares down his receivers to much.
Originally posted by backontop:
To bad a pump fake would do nothing for Hill. He stares down his receivers to much.

Very true.

Staring down receivers + no O-line protection = pump fake fail

Let's just stick to the basics. Seems to be working so far