LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Does the Niners success mean we finally get our stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does the Niners success mean we finally get our stadium?

I think that a good season right before a vote in 2010 will seal the Niners fate. They have given SF plenty of time and it appears Newsom is gonna go down as the mayor who lost the Niners. I love the city and its really sad but I understand the move to SC if it gets them to stay in Norcal makes our team more attractive to play for.
"Santa Clara 49ers"?

Or would we be able to keep the SF?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
"Santa Clara 49ers"?

We'd keep the logo.

But I'm in agreement with you. Newsome, I can't believe that schmuck still holds office.

~Ceadder
I really doubt anything new for the 49ers for a few years. Maybe in the 5-10 years away range...
Our Success? LOL...Yeah we beat the Rams, Cards & Seahawks give us a new stadium...Some peoples kids...
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
"Santa Clara 49ers"?

holy frick....how are people STILL asking this question? this had literally been explained a couple years ago when SC got into the picture.

They would keep the SF logo, the SF name, the SF everything. Santa Clara is just a playing site, still within the teams local fanbase grounds, that is just much more convenient. Everything the 49ers do, camp, HQ, everything, is in Santa Clara. the only time they even go to SF is to play their games. it makes way more sense to build a stadium down there.

the Giants and Jets dont even play in the same state, yet are still called "New York". its very common for teams to play outside the city they represent. the majority of the 49ers fanbase lives in the south bay anyways.

the Stick is historic, but its a total dump, and it doesnt take a genius to realize teams with old run down stadiums dont win. they just dont bring in the revenue to win.

its not a surprise that 8 of the last 9 super bowls were won by teams playing in new state of the art stadiums.
im still more a fan of the Stick just being renovated ala soldier stadium and lambeau
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
Our Success? LOL...Yeah we beat the Rams, Cards & Seahawks give us a new stadium...Some peoples kids...

I think we take the division and that will get enough people juiced to go out and vote for the team to get their much deserved stadium look @ AZ no rings but bling,bling. I know its gonna be a shock when we get it but you will actually see everyone in seats and no completely empty sections with no views of the field.

[ Edited by SF2AZNiner on Oct 5, 2009 at 12:53:29 ]
The Stick is a magical place. I hope it just gets some much needed renovations as well.
At this point I'm for whatever gets done soonest. Santa Clara is the most realistic option - it'd be done when, 2014? That's not so bad. That'll be a heck of a nice looking stadium too. As long as they keep the SF name and legacy, they don't need to play IN city limits. I'd much, much rather have the stadium up here but really, the most realistic option is Santa Clara.

Sucks that Newsom's punk a** was more concerned with running for governor than doing ANYTHING worthwhile in SF but you gotta play the hand you're dealt. Come on Santa Clara, vote this thing through!!

Because of the geography of the area and the downturn of the economy, it's always going to be a difficult sale to get a new stadium built. That being said, the 49ers enjoying some success couldn't hurt.
Jed's smart... he knows winning will make it a lot easier come voting time! We make the playoffs and do well....we can kiss SF goodbye. I don't like it, but it is what it is. Its like what they say winning cures everything.
The stadium finance initiative will be put to City of Santa Clara voters next Spring or Fall. A playoff appearance could only help.

Candlestick is beyond help. A renovation of the magnitude required to bring the Stick up to NFL standards would cost nearly as much as a new facility. Lambeau and Soldier field are not comparable. Those were single level bowl stadiums that they were simply able add levels to. The Stick is a mish-mosh of a former baseball stadium that would pretty much need to be taken down to the foundation before starting over . . . so what's the point.
While not a done deal will definitely help toward getting a stadium done.

Several studies have been done on the positive impact the stadium will have economically. Within the study they have provided estimated revenue to the city. My question is this are those estimates based strictly on the10 games played there or do they fluff the number with possible playoff games? Obviously playoff games increase the revenue to the city.
Won't happen. California residents will not pay for a new stadium, especially with the state of the economy in California.
Share 49ersWebzone