There are 213 users in the forums

Peter King says Jerry Rice is not the best WR in history

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Peter King Says Everything is Delicious, Especially Penis.
Originally posted by Winners:
Via his twitter page tonight:

Respect all opinions to the contrary. Rice's impact on game cannot be understated. Hutson gets my vote as best receiver ever.

What a lame ass.

http://twitter.com/Si_peterking

Not to sound racial but Don Hutson never played with against any black corners.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
If Jerry Rice played in the Don Hutson era he would have scored 100 TD in one season.

Same goes for Barry Sanders.

THE END

I agree with the Rice statement.

I'm having a hard time even stomaching that Barry Sanders statement. Cause I think guys like Hardy Brown woulda CRUSHED Sanders the first time he tried that "back into the Defender spin" $4|t on em. The rules were completely different back then Sanders ruled this era cause you couldn't face mask a guy without getting flagged. In Hutsons era you could get clotheslined and the ref would just pick up the ball and run it to the spot. Now Ernie Davis? He was THE Barry Sanders of Hutson's era and look how THAT worked out.

Rice on the other hand could and did avoid alot of punishing hits. You can't do that as a RB in the NFL of ANY era.

~Ceadder

Not so sure about Hardy Brown smashing Sanders. Brown was only about 190 and Sanders was close to 205.
WHAT A JACKASS
What has Rice even does for us anyways...

Don Hutson IS the best WR in history.

[ Edited by Hurricane on Oct 5, 2009 at 19:32:39 ]
Blasphemy!
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Peter King Says Everything is Delicious, Especially Penis.

Peter King's favorite medicine is PENIScillin.

Dude is a northeast homer who couldn't handle that the Niner's were just that good for so long. Rice not the best receiver in the game.. child please! Rice is often in the argument for best player ever to play the game let alone receiver. Peter King is the middle of the wobbly "H" with Manning and Brady on the sides!
Originally posted by kidash:
lol @ homers in here...

One man's opinion differ from yours and automatically, he's a moron...

damn....

*NOTE: This is not to say I agree with P. King but seriously, the man has a good argument*

I don't know too much about Hutson and I think it's unfair to compare generations. Rice is the best of our gen hands down. As long as he's not disputing that I don't really care.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 28, 2010 at 6:51 PM ]
Did he ever see Don Hutson play?
Peter King is retarded,

This is the whole Johnny Unitas argument. He changed the way the position was played.... does that mean he has the intelligence and accuracy to win in today's game... probably not. He played against defenses designed to stop the run.

You put Unitas against Manning in any type of comparison and Manning will win. It's not to take away from Unitas but it's just the evolution of the game. Don't assume people that were ahead of their time automatically are the best of all time. Jim Brown wouldn't be a legend if he played against today's defenses, but he was still far ahead of his time. Imagine how many yards Jamal Lewis (when he was with the ravens) would of put up against those defenses Brown faced, he would of never been tackled.

How many games has Peter King seen Hutson play? Was he even born yet? Rule #1 if you are going to judge someone at least watch them in person. Jerry Rice - the greatest wide receiver of all time, bar none. There is an argument that he may be the best player of all time. Mr. King cut back on the lattes, they may be affecting your thinking.
oops...
[ Edited by sacniner on Jul 28, 2010 at 6:46 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash:
lol @ homers in here...

One man's opinion differ from yours and automatically, he's a moron...

damn....

*NOTE: This is not to say I agree with P. King but seriously, the man has a good argument*

This and are some of these comments REALLY necessary ? Some are beyond over the top..the go kill yourself and got raped by a priest are 2 that come to mind.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
How many games has Peter King seen Hutson play? Was he even born yet? Rule #1 if you are going to judge someone at least watch them in person. Jerry Rice - the greatest wide receiver of all time, bar none. There is an argument that he may be the best player of all time. Mr. King cut back on the lattes, they may be affecting your thinking.

How many games have you seen Hutson play considering you are calling Rice the greatest bar none. If you are going to compare the two shouldn't you have at least watched them in person ?
King is a friggin DUMBASS(!!!) and that's all that needs to be said.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone