LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 192 users in the forums

Peter King says Jerry Rice is not the best WR in history

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Peter King is like every other talentless hack who just says stupid s**t so people will pay attention to him.

on the other hand, to his credit, he has found a way to get paid for it, while we just get to vent here for free
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by hofer36:
Peter King is like every other talentless hack who just says stupid s**t so people will pay attention to him.

on the other hand, to his credit, he has found a way to get paid for it, while we just get to vent here for free

yep just like Mel Kiper
Originally posted by Winners:
Via his twitter page tonight:

Respect all opinions to the contrary. Rice's impact on game cannot be understated. Hutson gets my vote as best receiver ever.

What a lame ass.

http://twitter.com/Si_peterking

Well all respect to King but JR OWNED his era in a major way. He helped the WR screen to become a staple in team playbooks all around the league. He owned pretty much EVERY DB he came across and given that this era doesn't HAVE to play on both sides of the ball like Hutson's era don't mean s4|t to me.

Hutson's made way for todays' WR.

GOAT CRUSHED all the numbers. No other WR will hold all the records ever again. They may hold one or more but not all. Period.

King's twitter is going to line my birdcage for eons to come.

~Ceadder
If Jerry Rice played in the Don Hutson era he would have scored 100 TD in one season.

Same goes for Barry Sanders.

THE END

I agree with the Rice statement.

I'm having a hard time even stomaching that Barry Sanders statement. Cause I think guys like Hardy Brown woulda CRUSHED Sanders the first time he tried that "back into the Defender spin" $4|t on em. The rules were completely different back then Sanders ruled this era cause you couldn't face mask a guy without getting flagged. In Hutsons era you could get clotheslined and the ref would just pick up the ball and run it to the spot. Now Ernie Davis? He was THE Barry Sanders of Hutson's era and look how THAT worked out.

Rice on the other hand could and did avoid alot of punishing hits. You can't do that as a RB in the NFL of ANY era.

~Ceadder
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If Jerry Rice played in the Don Hutson era he would have scored 100 TD in one season.

THE END

I'm having a hard time even stomaching that Barry Sanders statement. Cause I think guys like Hardy Brown woulda CRUSHED Sanders the first time he tried that "back into the Defender spin" $4|t on em. The rules were completely different back then Sanders ruled this era cause you couldn't face mask a guy without getting flagged. In Hutsons era you could get clotheslined and the ref would just pick up the ball and run it to the spot. Now Ernie Davis? He was THE Barry Sanders of Hutson's era and look how THAT worked out.

Rice on the other hand could and did avoid alot of punishing hits. You can't do that as a RB in the NFL of ANY era.

~Ceadder

What no one touched Barry Sanders and no one would have

The End

ask Rod Woodson's knee cap
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Don Hutson was very good in his day and he definitely changed the way WR was played, but there is no reasonable argument against Jerry Rice not being the greatest WR who ever played the game. Peter King is full of it on this one.

This.

WR who impacted the game more - Don Hutson

Best receiver to play the game - Jerry Rice
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

THE END

~Ceadder

Barry Sanders also outweighed Hardy Brown and the quickness/speed element isn't even comparable.

Einstein was on to something with the whole speed & size equal power thing.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 5, 2009 at 13:35:33 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He gets paid to write this garbage? yikes whats the world come to
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Don Hutson was very good in his day and he definitely changed the way WR was played, but there is no reasonable argument against Jerry Rice not being the greatest WR who ever played the game. Peter King is full of it on this one.

This.

WR who impacted the game more - Don Hutson

Best receiver to play the game - Jerry Rice

Quote:
Don Hutson was very good in his day and he definitely changed the way WR was played

Okay...but Jerry Rice changed the way Defensive Backs played. So who really had the bigger impact?

Rice was a guy that revolutionized the way offensive players prepared and performed, and he forced defenders to do the same.
i am piss off at peter king don't like jerry rice that rude! f**k Peter king is not fan to jerry rice.. Booo Boooo bit ch Peter King

Perhaps King is a French name.... for he is certainly a Dum-ass, he is how you say le-Douche
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I really don't care, but do have a comment on this twitter thing...

It is so awesome that people invented a way to provide a way to hear every stupid thought that it takes a few seconds to type out. Now we can actually read what normally you would wonder "what is the point?" if someone said it.

Indeed, when will the pointlessness cease?

what are you guys talking about niner talks been around for years

lol, got me on that one.

But Twitter truely is the black hole repository of inane thoughts throughout the land.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am piss off at peter king don't like jerry rice that rude! f**k Peter king is not fan to jerry rice.. Booo Boooo bit ch Peter King

This.....I think
hutson = ahead of his time

rice = greatest of all time

hutson is the wilt chamberlain and rice is the jordan
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Peter King is some fat moron that got raped by a priest and won a gray streak.

weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Who cares?

my colleague describes him as a douchetard. I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds right.
Share 49ersWebzone