There are 247 users in the forums

Can we win in the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we win in the playoffs?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill is playing great.
Defense is playing more than great.
Frank Gore can still be a 1000 yard back and more when he comes back.
D-line is badass, who knew?
Lawson is playing like he should, who is playing better, him or Vernon Davis?
Vernon Davis is a badass, sorry haters... but he is and will be for a long time.
Finally, some surprise players. We could go on and on about the "who knew" players.
Mister Singletary is the real deal when it comes to getting the most of what you have.

Can we win in the playoffs, because we will be in the playoffs. You may call me premature, but I don't think so. We will be there...

Problems, o-line, return game, conservative play calling... all can be fixed or changed, but will they?
agree, the Oline needs to solidify and the D needs to keep up the intensity. I worry if they are able to hold out the whole season at this pace but they might.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
btw, I think Atlanta is the most important game we have played this year. It will really let us know who we are, right before a bye week... after a tough loss and a strong win.

This game is the s**t, the real s**t.
Originally posted by Chief:
btw, I think Atlanta is the most important game we have played this year. It will really let us know who we are, right before a bye week... after a tough loss and a strong win.

This game is the s**t, the real s**t.

Bigger than the Minny game IMO
I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse. Four weeks down and this team needs to make the playoffs before this poll is relevant. But to play along, the offense will have to improve for this team to win a playoff game.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse. Four weeks down and this team needs to make the playoffs before this poll is relevant. But to play along, the offense will have to improve for this team to win a playoff game.

I 100% agree, but I think the only problem with the offense is the play calling and the o-line, I honestly think everything else is in place.

...and I think the oline has the talent to be really good, something is just missing.

[ Edited by Chief on Oct 4, 2009 at 21:24:23 ]
Where's SanDiego49er???

Please, tell me some more about how Shaun Hill sucks. I love it, can't get enough of it.

This is why the Minnesota loss was so bad. I think we have to go 4-1 going into the bye to stand a good chance of a playoff berth. If we do handle Atlanta though, I will like our chances in any game, playoffs included.
The playoffs are like 13 weeks away......

Who knows?

Everything will change between now and then
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Where's SanDiego49er???

Please, tell me some more about how Shaun Hill sucks. I love it, can't get enough of it.

this is a 49er thread, but really... Shaun Hill has played lights out with bad play calling and no real receiver talent. His best player out there is Vernon Davis, and haters will moan and b***h, but the truth is the puddin'.

Look at the numbers, watch the games, its all there right in front of us... I don't care what anyone on this site says, Shaun Hill is the man, Vernon Davis is the man. They come through when they need to, more than we have had in years.

Where's SanDiego49er???

this is a 49er thread, but really... Shaun Hill has played lights out with bad play calling and no real receiver talent. His best player out there is Vernon Davis, and haters will moan and b***h, but the truth is the puddin'.

Look at the numbers, watch the games, its all there right in front of us... I don't care what anyone on this site says, Shaun Hill is the man, Vernon Davis is the man. They come through when they need to, more than we have had in years.

I just love how some fans will rip Hill but all he ever does is WIN.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Where's SanDiego49er???

What is he at home now?

9-0 or 10-0?

Seriously, hello?

What are his stats this year?

62.3 %
5 TD's
1 int
93.3 rating...

With Glen Coffee running? Sorry folks, but Coffee is a rookie and played like ass, with dropped passes and missed lanes, but Hill kept up alive with s**tty oline play and no running game.. Impressive!
Where's SanDiego49er???

What is he at home now?

9-0 or 10-0?

Seriously, hello?

62.3 %
5 TD's
1 int
93.3 rating...

With Glen Coffee running? Sorry folks, but Coffee is a rookie and played like ass, with dropped passes and missed lanes, but Hill kept up alive with s**tty oline play and no running game.. Impressive!

That deserves a
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Where's SanDiego49er???

What is he at home now?

9-0 or 10-0?

Seriously, hello?

62.3 %
5 TD's
1 int
93.3 rating...

That deserves a

I'm serious, can you really argue other wise? People compare him to trent dilfer, but the stats are NOTHING alike. Dilfer never played a full season and played solid, he was always the "oh s**t, he f**ked up lets fix it" guy (defense had to fix it)... Shaun Hill is not that guy, if this o-line were to play to its potential we would be set, I am really upset with our O-line and offensive play calling, it is our only hold back.

Can you imagine what we could do with good play calling and solid o-line play?

[ Edited by Chief on Oct 4, 2009 at 21:52:41 ]
Jim Mora, Playoffs?
In all seriousness, it's still a little early.

[ Edited by father49er on Oct 4, 2009 at 22:03:26 ]
Share 49ersWebzone