There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What happened to Joe Staley?

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
No! No! No! The team overreached! We made a stupid draft day trade! All is lost!

Yeah honestly, (granted Mayo is hurt and this is only his 2nd year) but rite now Staley is a better football player than Mayo is, another great find by Scoty Mac!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Is he still with the team? I never hear his name. He must not be good!

The fact that we don't hear Joe Staley's name reflects his steady fundamental play without any breakdowns, holding calls, getting beat around the corner, getting bullrushed, etc.

The dude is playing at a pro bowl level. We hit a homerun with this guy fellas!

I wouldn't say pro bowl leve. I saw him get beat a couple of times by Rams defenders as well as with the Vikings, Seacocks and Tards
what happened to his brain ?

first play I've watched it 50 times now and I still can't wrap my mind around why he sprints to the LB and just lets MoWill kill Hill

i just don't get it
[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Oct 26, 2009 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

first play I've watched it 50 times now and I still can't wrap my mind around why he sprints to the LB and just lets MoWill kill Hill

i just don't get it

I think the original play call was a run since he was blocking down but Hill wanted to hit Crabs on a quick pass but Crabs didn't get the call. At least thats what it looks like to me
Yea that play had me lost also. Staley doing a good job in pass protection but his run blocking skills have been looking more than shaky. He's getting no push like the rest of the line.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

i just don't get it

I think the original play call was a run since he was blocking down but Hill wanted to hit Crabs on a quick pass but Crabs didn't get the call. At least thats what it looks like to me

Yeah, hill thought he was peyton manning changing the play and no one heard him it looks like