There are 242 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What happened to Joe Staley?

Is he still with the team? I never hear his name. He must not be good!

The fact that we don't hear Joe Staley's name reflects his steady fundamental play without any breakdowns, holding calls, getting beat around the corner, getting bullrushed, etc.

The dude is playing at a pro bowl level. We hit a homerun with this guy fellas!
Yay Joe Staley!
Yes Staley is playing very good football right now. Now if we can get a RT to match him we will be much better.
No! No! No! The team overreached! We made a stupid draft day trade! All is lost!

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
No! No! No! The team overreached! We made a stupid draft day trade! All is lost!

Tony Ugoh would have been better! lol
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Yes Staley is playing very good football right now. Now if we can get a RT to match him we will be much better.

Michael Oher! (Oh wait...)

[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Oct 4, 2009 at 20:07:06 ]
Staley is beast!
  • Mex49
LT are supposed to be invisible
Today would have a been a good day for guys like Wallace to get some playing time. Too bad Boone is on the PS, otherwise, blowouts like these are made for game time for the kids.
He's definately playing pretty well. He was a little bit dinged up this week too so it speaks volumes to him as a player that he was able to play as well as he did. I'm proud of him. However, the rest of the offensive line play collectively terrible. I have not seen worse offensive lin play from a team that WON 35-0 in my life. They've struggled as a whole unit all season long to be honest. Minnesota was their best game to me because they only allowed 1 sack but the run blocking, which I assumed was going to be the strength of the unit, was not good. David Baas had a horrid game. I saw him on his behind on at least two occasions. As a 2nd round pick of 2005, he should be taking more pride in his play. If his ankle is affecting him, then I say bench him until he gets healthy and let Tony Wragge play. We need to have better play from him, especially since this is his 5th year and its also a contract year for him! Chilo Rachal has had some trouble getting off the ball. He seems to be slow in getting his hands on the d-lineman. That has got to improve! Get your butt in gear as soon as the ball is snapped and go block your man Chilo! Eric Heitmann is playing ok. I haven't seen him get manhandled as much as I have Rachal and Baas. Oddly enough, most of our pressure to me has come from the middle of the line instead of the right side of the line. Tony Pashos and Adam Snyder, while leaving a lot to be desired, aren't doing terrible out there in my opinion. They both struggle in pass protection with speed rushes and the need to get better quickly at that. But the 49ers need Baas, Heitmann, and Rachal to at least establish the line of scrimmage so that Shaun Hill can step up into his throws if he gets pressured from the outside. These guys have GOT to get better if we want to be considered an elite team! I need to see 5 ANGRY men out there every snap that are prepared to lead us to victory!
i thought he played well against minnesota give the fact that Jared Allen kept jumping offsides
He allowed Long to beat him soundly on one play which made Hill step up into a sack. Other than that he played pretty good.

But whether it be Snyder or Pashos RT got worked on a consistent basis. And out interior line leaves a lot to be desired.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Actually drafting Oher would be looking pretty good right now considering how well he's played and how big of a douche Crabtree is. I know it's hindsight, but just saying.
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Actually drafting Oher would be looking pretty good right now considering how well he's played and how big of a douche Crabtree is. I know it's hindsight, but just saying.

agreed
Staley had a pretty good game today considering he was really out on an island much of the time. As Baas continues to struggle, Staley never gets any help from him and has to handle his guy all by himself. In fact, Staley sometimes slants down to help Baas and hope things pile up enough to allow the play to work.