There are 258 users in the forums

Allen Rossum Released [Update 11/01]

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Digger25:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Battle would never

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever

be able to do that.

i just got a bit heartbroken. like when my girl told me, "you will NEVER EVER stick it in my ass".

then again, she was wrong...and hopefully you are too.

Lol nice post. But yeah Rossum was just a waste of a roster spot... I would rather have a WR (or ANYBODY who actually plays) do the return duties instead a guy who only does returns.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:

Battle would never

be able to do that.

i just got a bit heartbroken. like when my girl told me, "you will NEVER EVER stick it in my ass".

Lol nice post. But yeah Rossum was just a waste of a roster spot... I would rather have a WR (or ANYBODY who actually plays) do the return duties instead a guy who only does returns.

I wouldn't if the guy who only does returns does a better job at it then the 6th reciever who does a crappy job at it. Seriously, Battle and Walker aren't the type of returners who are a threat to take it to the house. Rossum is. He helped us with field position.

I would like to see how Crabtree is at returning, IIRC he did some in college. I would've rather kept Rossum than had Battle and Walker do it though.
  • king32
  • Info N/A

Can't this guy use some of his 4.32 speed and run really fast in a straight line more or less?
I'm not sure why Rossum hasn't been used more this year, has he lost a step this season or something??? He was a GREAT pickup for us last year, really boosting our return game that's been inept for a while. He seemed okay this year, would have returned one against Minnesota if it weren't for a bonehead play by Coffee. I don't know, his release and Sheets' signing aren't sitting well with me.
Cowboys just picked him up.

LINK.

• ZRF80
Big mistake......

Geez, I dont understand why everyone is looking for a Desmond Howard or a Devin Hester on this roster. You're not going to break one open on every punand/or kickoff. What you need is a safe bet; a guy that doesnt fumble and has the ABILITY to break it open.

Rossum fit that mold perfectly; now you're gonna get guys that are half-assed at the job calling for fair catches inside the 5 and fumbling it.

Bad move on the Niners part..........
Originally posted by NickSh49:

LINK.

good for him, he gets to play in that palace after getting the boot. the team might not be the best, but its better to be employed than not.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

LINK.

good for him, he gets to play in that palace after getting the boot. the team might not be the best, but its better to be employed than not.

I knew someone would swoop him up quick. Stupid move on our part to cut him. Cut spurlock's worthless ass. At least rossum was a threat to break one. All spurlock does is warm the bench. what do we have, 7 WR's on the roster??

Battle would never

be able to do that.

anybody can sprint after 1 good block. i will miss the tough running rossum brought though. battle seems to dance around and walker is horrible at handling the ball
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Big mistake......

Geez, I dont understand why everyone is looking for a Desmond Howard or a Devin Hester on this roster. You're not going to break one open on every punand/or kickoff. What you need is a safe bet; a guy that doesnt fumble and has the ABILITY to break it open.

Rossum fit that mold perfectly; now you're gonna get guys that are half-assed at the job calling for fair catches inside the 5 and fumbling it.

Bad move on the Niners part..........

So let's see. The safe pick at QB, the safe picks at WR, the safe pick at CB, the safe pick at OC, and while you're at it, the safe pick at PR. How in the hell do you expect to win any games? This is the NFL. You have to take some chances or you're not going anywhere. I'd like to see Spurlock return punts.

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Battle would never

be able to do that.

anybody can sprint after 1 good block. i will miss the tough running rossum brought though. battle seems to dance around and walker is horrible at handling the ball

true, but I think Rossum has returned kicks for so long that he has better vision o where the holes are.
The niners must have something much better than rossum. I mean, they would not cut somebody unless they had something better waiting, right?

Thank god we have spurlock in case we decide to unleash the taser on the NFL.

I honestly believe rossum had such a great reputation of an explosive returner that he is judged by his own past. Unfortunately for us niner fans, an older rossum is still heads and tails better than what the niners have now. Crabs might prove me wrong if he given a chance. But I have seen battle enough over the years and walker is less than impressive.

[ Edited by fister30 on Oct 13, 2009 at 21:57:55 ]
is there anyone else we could have dropped besides rossum? and where has he been the past couple of weeks? i agree with most that i think he's still better than battle
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
is there anyone else we could have dropped besides rossum? and where has he been the past couple of weeks? i agree with most that i think he's still better than battle

spurlock should of been cut. who needs 7 WR's? He'll never touch the field other than on that bulls**t wildcat formation we embarrassingly try to run from time to time.

as far as where he was, he was listed as inactive due to "illness". I think the illness was his performance in Minnesota. bad move by the niners.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 14, 2009 at 10:12:19 ]
  • Mex49
Hey Digger, can you post a pic of your girl. just curious
Share 49ersWebzone