There are 407 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Allen Rossum Released [Update 11/01]

Originally posted by tohara3:
Sorry to see him go, but we need to get someone out there with some explosiveness during the bye week. Hope they get something figured out.

they wont. Battle will continue to field punts, walker will get KO returns.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 12, 2009 at 12:55:08 ]
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
could crabtree return kicks ?

No, and Im pretty sure the team doesn't want to put Crabtree out there when he hasn't returned kicks since high school. too much money invested in him to put him out there and take a chance of him getting blown up.

haha i was just joking. i was responding to the post above

Originally posted by jta854:
Oh well... How long untill there is a thread asking if Crabtree will return kicks?
I'm curious as to why we haven't seen Spurlock back there seeing that it was the only thing he did well in Tampa, in fact he was the first and only player in Yucks history that has returned a kickoff for a TD.
Originally posted by Esco:
I'm curious as to why we haven't seen Spurlock back there seeing that it was the only thing he did well in Tampa, in fact he was the first and only player in Yucks history that has returned a kickoff for a TD.

yeah, i asked that same question earlier. i remember playing with him in one of the madden moments on madden 09
as inconsistent as Rossum has been this year, it should have been spurlock.
No matter what anyone thought of Rossum, he is better than anything we have otherwise to return kicks....anyone watching our return game since he left can see this. Big mistake.
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
No matter what anyone thought of Rossum, he is better than anything we have otherwise to return kicks....anyone watching our return game since he left can see this. Big mistake.

i agree, we dont have anyone close to him. he was fast.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
as inconsistent as Rossum has been this year, it should have been spurlock.

i love understand why the coaching staff loves this guy
I hoped it would be Spurlock getting cut too, especially since he's made zero impact on during the regular season but I'll stop short of call it a mistake. A lot of people were jumping to a similar conclusion when the decision was made to start Spencer over Bly. I won't pretend to know more than the coaching staff does about our personnel.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Sorry to see him go, but we need to get someone out there with some explosiveness during the bye week. Hope they get something figured out.

they wont. Battle will continue to field punts, walker will get KO returns.

Well that sucks.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
could crabtree return kicks ?

No, and Im pretty sure the team doesn't want to put Crabtree out there when he hasn't returned kicks since high school. too much money invested in him to put him out there and take a chance of him getting blown up.

haha i was just joking. i was responding to the post above

Originally posted by jta854:
Oh well... How long untill there is a thread asking if Crabtree will return kicks?

Originally posted by Esco:
I hoped it would be Spurlock getting cut too, especially since he's made zero impact on during the regular season but I'll stop short of call it a mistake. A lot of people were jumping to a similar conclusion when the decision was made to start Spencer over Bly. I won't pretend to know more than the coaching staff does about our personnel.

Very good point.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,090
Rossum was horrible. All he would do is head for the sidelines. I'd like to see what Sheets could do as a returner.
im kinda glad rossum is gone all of his returns were more from blocking than anything he did anyway. theyll work it out

still kinda bitter about that dallas game
The best we can hope for this season is a guy that doesn't muff. We don't have a big return specialist out of the remaining guys that will be returning kicks.