There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you let Sopoaga go to Samoa?

Would you let Sopoaga go to Samoa?

If i was Soap i would just go.... the niners would understand, and if they didnt well to bad....
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
If i was Soap i would just go.... the niners would understand, and if they didnt well to bad....

Agreed.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by RonMexico:
nope
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I think one way for Sopoaga to help his family and Samoa in general is by asking for fans to donate canned foods, bottled water and such. Next week is a home game also, and by him being seen, the tragedy in Samoa can be fresh in everyone's mind to help.

That's actually not a bad idea.
i think we should cancel the game on sunday until sopoaga gets back
Sopoaga's Family is Safe

Quote:
SOPOAGA FAMILY IS SAFE: Isaac Sopoaga said he finally made contact with his family in American Samoa after last Tuesday's tsunami. Everyone is safe, both his parents, two sets of grandparents and his sisters. Sopoaga credits a river that's about 15 feet from the family home as the reason. He said the ocean is about 500 feet away.

"Last week was a tough week," Sopoaga said and he admitted to being very distracted. He also said he was tired. Deep down, however, he just had a feeling his family was safe.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
let the man go. Family is far more important than playing a backyard game.

Yea, when you get the call you gotta go. Niner Insider said his family has been confirmed safe now.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Oct 7, 2009 at 14:53:52 ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Sopoaga's Family is Safe

Quote:
SOPOAGA FAMILY IS SAFE: Isaac Sopoaga said he finally made contact with his family in American Samoa after last Tuesday's tsunami. Everyone is safe, both his parents, two sets of grandparents and his sisters. Sopoaga credits a river that's about 15 feet from the family home as the reason. He said the ocean is about 500 feet away.

"Last week was a tough week," Sopoaga said and he admitted to being very distracted. He also said he was tired. Deep down, however, he just had a feeling his family was safe.

yes i think so. besides if i'm not mistaken but we have a good line rotation anyway so it would be coo. if he leaves hopefully it will open up a spot for the fa or the rookie to step their game up. then we'll have anotha force on da line.
  • Dlim1984
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by susweel:
Anybody who voted no seriously needs to re -check their priorities.

Man this thread is really weirding me out.

I don't think you guys are really understanding the situation. How is leaving work to visit your family AFTER, let me repeat AFTER an emergency occurs being a Family man?

Please, will 1 person step up and qualify their statement. Don't just post Family>*....specifically state what the hell is he suppose to do there?

So should every single Samoan in the US get an undetermined amount of time off and their job waiting for them.

Better yet should every person in the world be allowed to ditch work anytime their Family(and please define how big that can be) experiences tragedy?

My Idea of being a family man is assesing the situation, if I can not help save your lives, then I calm down...stay at work and be a reliable emplpyee, and help with money and give emotional support and financial support from a far

He goes so he could find/be with his family. Let me guess, if your sister/brother that was across the country was involved in a tragic accident, you would probably just send money and be emotionally available, right?

[ Edited by Dlim1984 on Oct 7, 2009 at 17:08:23 ]
...?

...IBTL!
So he never left right?

What was the purpose of this post?
I don't think the 49ers are obligated to let him leave.

How would this work in a regular job? You would have to use some of your PTO right? Getting the short notice permission is a given but you lose out on PTO.

Is there anything like that in the NFL?

Without me knowing the details of how this works I think the starting point is acknowledging that Soap is getting paid to do a job

It's bereavement leave (if someone dies), I believe and yes, the 49ers honor that.... Not sure on how long, though...

Originally posted by kidash:
I don't think the 49ers are obligated to let him leave.

How would this work in a regular job? You would have to use some of your PTO right? Getting the short notice permission is a given but you lose out on PTO.

Is there anything like that in the NFL?

Without me knowing the details of how this works I think the starting point is acknowledging that Soap is getting paid to do a job

It's bereavement leave (if someone dies), I believe and yes, the 49ers honor that.... Not sure on how long, though...

good to know. Another thing to keep in mind. 1 NFL game is 1/16th of the season. Thats like you or me taking 3 weeks off of work.
So he never left right?

What was the purpose of this post?

I think it was whether the Niners should permit him to go. I believe if he were to ask they would permit him to do so, but since he has not asked the point is probably moot.