LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Would you let Sopoaga go to Samoa?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you let Sopoaga go to Samoa?

Originally posted by Tracy49er:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
nope

Nope? Please, first off that is a big man.....if he wants to go.....he goes. Second he is a grown man, you don't "LET" him do anything. Family is first, not football.

I am a big man too. And I can tell my boss to shove it as well. But my job won't be waiting for me when I get back.
Family > *
Originally posted by djfullshred:
He is a man, and it is his decision alone to make. So if he makes that decision, the team should respect that and give him support.

This is a no brainer.. Of course you let the man go. Not only should they let him but they should help by getting him there & back. The loyalty we show him will be returned ten fold...
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
This is a no brainer.. Of course you let the man go. Not only should they let him but they should help by getting him there & back. The loyalty we show him will be returned ten fold...

How so?
If he needs to go, then let him go. Family trumps a job even if it's playing for the 49ers.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:

How so?

By taking a 10% paycut.

-9fA
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Anybody who voted no seriously needs to re -check their priorities.
You let him take as long as he wants. It's the humanitarian thing to do.

Originally posted by susweel:

Man this thread is really weirding me out.

I don't think you guys are really understanding the situation. How is leaving work to visit your family AFTER, let me repeat AFTER an emergency occurs being a Family man?

Please, will 1 person step up and qualify their statement. Don't just post Family>*....specifically state what the hell is he suppose to do there?

So should every single Samoan in the US get an undetermined amount of time off and their job waiting for them.

Better yet should every person in the world be allowed to ditch work anytime their Family(and please define how big that can be) experiences tragedy?

My Idea of being a family man is assesing the situation, if I can not help save your lives, then I calm down...stay at work and be a reliable emplpyee, and help with money and give emotional support and financial support from a far

[ Edited by danimal on Oct 2, 2009 at 17:36:10 ]
I bet Soap is not even asking to leave....ya'll are tripping
Hells yes you let him go. Family come before Anything!

nope
Originally posted by danimal:

Man this thread is really weirding me out.

I don't think you guys are really understanding the situation. How is leaving work to visit your family AFTER, let me repeat AFTER an emergency occurs being a Family man?

Please, will 1 person step up and qualify their statement. Don't just post Family>*....specifically state what the hell is he suppose to do there?

So should every single Samoan in the US get an undetermined amount of time off and their job waiting for them.

Better yet should every person in the world be allowed to ditch work anytime their Family(and please define how big that can be) experiences tragedy?

My Idea of being a family man is assesing the situation, if I can not help save your lives, then I calm down...stay at work and be a reliable emplpyee, and help with money and give emotional support and financial support from a far

Wow.

Let's just say that we have different philosophies and priorities.

But, in the end, it's up to Sopoaga and the 9ers, not us.

(Out of curiosity, have you ever had close family in a major disaster? Wildfire/earthquake, where you don't have good info on the status of your family? Tough to focus until you are comfortable with their status)
Share 49ersWebzone