There are 155 users in the forums

Does special teams miss Keith Lewis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dertyriver49
  • Info N/A
Is it just me or is our coverage units on special teams giving up bigger plays this year? last year it seemed we were lights out, but this year not so much. Do we miss Lewis, the guy was a hard hitting, sure tackler, plus wasn't he a special teams captian last year? Not to say if he were here we wouldn't have gave up that TD last week, and i under that we need to develop younger players with more upside, but does one player really make that much difference?

your thoughts
i miss his hair
we got a lot of rookies and 2nd yr. players on the special teams i believe. al everest will get the most out of the players he's given. it'll all come in time. special teams is not what we have to worry about
no
Is he in the league anymore? I know he was cut by Arizona but don't know if anyone picked him up.
Are u thinking that having keith Lewis on the team what've stopped Percy Harvin's TD return? I highly highly doubt it.
  • dertyriver49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kronik:
Are u thinking that having keith Lewis on the team what've stopped Percy Harvin's TD return? I highly highly doubt it.

Uh no,did you read what i wrote?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dertyriver49:
Is it just me or is our coverage units on special teams giving up bigger plays this year? last year it seemed we were lights out, but this year not so much. Do we miss Lewis, the guy was a hard hitting, sure tackler, plus wasn't he a special teams captian last year? Not to say if he were here we wouldn't have gave up that TD last week, and i under that we need to develop younger players with more upside, but does one player really make that much difference?

your thoughts

Coaching is the issue...guys are giving up on their gaps way to frequently
Not really -- he whiffed on a lot of special teams tackle last year that could have been big plays -- this is likely why he did not return.

yes, definatley
No.
i liked him alot good depth and a great special teams player. He should of stayed instead of hudson
I miss the best safety ever, yes

also miss the best wide receiver ever, Zeigler
He's still on the street since getting cut by the Cards . . . if the team thought they needed him.
Share 49ersWebzone