There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners are averaging 25.5 points in the last 4 games...

20
23
24
35

we just may easily break 30 this week and continue to improve offensively against the Falcons breaking 30 again, resting, averaging 30 points a game @Texans, @Colts, and vs Titans.

i know averaging 30 or more goes against our offensive "F"hilosophy, but we play @ home against a winless team, a Falcons team that is comparable to the Vikings... but I think we take this one, rest, travel twice to play on very fast fields... that may actually help us offensively, and come back home to play a Titans team that is, again, comparable to the Vikings... but, of course I think we will take this one also.

we may be a "F"hysical team, but we WILL be scoring with all 3 phases of our team.

Averaging 40 points toward the end of the year... CLINICALLY!!!


go niners!!!
[ Edited by ninerdaddy on Oct 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM ]
What are you smokin

40 points?? We are a defensive minded team, even if we could we probably won't.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,324
The way the defense is playing 21 points every game will get a division win and a play-off spot, that is a step in the right direction and good enough for me.
Smokin', nah never me... but I am sippin' on some of that rose-colored kool-aid though

Coach Sing preaches getting better physically and technically each week, so I don't see why that wouldn't translate into points. Yup, we'll be winning and scoring a bunch this season. {{{ knocks on wood }}}

Lions and Rams are the last 2 games of the regular season, let's light up the scoreboard on these 2 teams.


go niners!!!
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Smokin', nah never me... but I am sippin' on some of that rose-colored kool-aid though

Coach Sing preaches getting better physically and technically each week, so I don't see why that wouldn't translate into points. Yup, we'll be winning and scoring a bunch this season. {{{ knocks on wood }}}

Lions and Rams are the last 2 games of the regular season, let's light up the scoreboard on these 2 teams.

go niners!!!

Let's hope by that time those two games don't mean s**t and are starters are only playing a quarter or so to rest for the playoffs.

I wouldn't count on scoring high. If we're ever in a situation where we are ahead in the 4th, better believe Sing and Raye will dial in all running plays. And the opposing D will have their run D out there
those 2 MISSED Pick-Sixes by our DB's this past weekend would of gave us 38... never say never
If the 9ers are real hot some Sunday and another team is really down, then they might actually score 40 points in a game. But to average 40 points, absolutely no way. To get to an average of 40 points per game at this point in the season, the 9ers would have to average 44.1 points for the remaining thirteen games. There is absolutely no way in the World that the 9ers are ever going to come close to that.
[ Edited by fzrdave on Oct 1, 2009 at 2:35 PM ]
I seriously doubt we score that. This team only scores when it absolutely have to.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
What are you smokin

40 points?? We are a defensive minded team, even if we could we probably won't.

Defense will score us 14 pts a game.

[ Edited by miked1978 on Oct 1, 2009 at 14:45:30 ]
Strip away the D and ST scores, including FG's where the Niner offense has not advanced the ball after getting the ball from the D on a turnover. Do this, and you will see clearly that this is STILL a 16-17 points-per-game offense. That's really what Niner fans can "count-on" for most games.

Either the club will need to continue to get "bonus" points from the D or ST, or the club will need to consistently hold other teams to 14 or so points per game, in order to fashion a winning record. Limiting offensive possessions for the opposing team (say 7 possessions per game instead of 9 or 10) and minimizing their own offensive turnovers will be key to holding down opposition scoring.

Expect lots of 17-13 and 17-20 type games, after stripping away any D or ST scoring, as the season wears on.
If we can continue to score anywhere from 23-27 points a game we should be able to win most of our games. I really doubt any team can put up more than 27 points against our defense.
I remember reading Sing saying something like "If we keep our opponents under 20 points, then we've got a shot to win the game." That pretty much we'll be avergaing about 23 points a game. Looks about right
Hope we can continue to put points on the board every week!
Originally posted by fzrdave:
If the 9ers are real hot some Sunday and another team is really down, then they might actually score 40 points in a game. But to average 40 points, absolutely no way. To get to an average of 40 points per game at this point in the season, the 9ers would have to average 44.1 points for the remaining thirteen games. There is absolutely no way in the World that the 9ers are ever going to come close to that.

this
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home