There are 206 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How is this any different from a loss under Nolan?

Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
You have to be the most blind 49ers fan I have seen post on this forum. We called for Nolans Head becuase we were 3 and 1/2 seasons deep into the "Nolan Era" and were getting the same results, i.e. scrapping the game plan early and putting 6 or even 7 DB's on the field in the 4th quarter defense.
We were the under dog in that game, I think Vegas had us dogs for -6. We walked into a hostile croud and battled what was supposed to be a top 5 team and Superbowl contender. No matter what happens coach Sing is going to execute his game plan for the whole game. Hind site is always 20/20. If we pick up the first down from 3 runs than this whole converstaion is dead.
Even when we went 3 and out, I was confident in our defense making a stop, but when Farve has the magic (which he seems to get alot when playing us) there is no stopping him. We are a running football team, get used to it. Given the fact that we didn't convert a single third down all day, what makes you think the vikings defense was going to all of a sudden just let is march down the field.
As I said at the beginning of all this, you have to be blind not to see the significant improvment that coach Sing has brought to this team... we may not win them all, we may not get all the style points but when the 49ers are on the field we are going to get two things (1) run the ball no matter what and (2) are defense is going to hit everyone in the mouth.

We let Favre have magic. I don't care how you analyze it, but you don't run the ball 3 straight times into the teeth of the Vikings' defense (insanity), give Favre the ball back with over a minute left, and then play some soft, p***y defense, letting him march down the field without any pressure. We're a running team, but that doesn't mean we have to be dumb cavemen. We should've been aggressive and put them away. They stole that win from us and a lot of it had to do with bad coaching.

I will say that Mike Singletary did do one thing that I really liked. He called a timeout right before halftime to try and stop the Vikings and get the ball back for a final drive. I liked the aggressiveness there. It didn't exactly work out because Favre connected for a 1st down, but still, we ended up blocking a FG and returning it for a TD. Karma for being aggressive, maybe.

Nice post
Originally posted by NinersSF:
Originally posted by area49:
I'm not trying to be negative, but we lost because of conservative play calling, inability to convert on third down, and lack of pass rush. Sure, we lead for some time, but in the end, we choked and threw the game away. We played not to lose instead of playing to win. Now, we're trying to console ourselves by saying "we played with heart" and "Singletary's got it under control" and by pointing out a few supportive things people in the media have said.

I just can't help but feel that, if Nolan were in charge, we'd be calling for his head.
This was one of the worse lost in niner history. This was all on sing. Why u would give favre not 1 but 2 chances is beyond me. We cant even burn the clock with 5 minutes left. How f**kin pathetic. Then when we got the ball back we cant even burn 1:49 off the clock to seal the game. Instead we punt n give favre another chance. How f**kin stupid r u singletary? R u that f**kin pathetic? U f**kin a*****e. Robbing us of a victory when all we had to do was get a couple first downs. Instead of at least trying to get a first down u run the ball 3 straight times up the middle. At least try u f**kin p***y ass singlef**ker. Try to get a first down. Enough with this p***y ass play calling
Run the ball smashmouth crap. When we pass the ball we were pretty good. I know we could of had a couple first downs if we really wanted to. Instead, we sat on the ball trying to f**kin protect it. I will never forgive u singletary for this until u win a superbowl. N u too jimmy piece of crap raye. No good for nothing wannabe offensive coordinator old ass motherf**ker. This lost will cost us more than just a game. It may cost us a playoff spot or a home field. Plus, it drains our players n fans emotionally, physically n psycologically. It will be hard to recover from. Two days later im still extremely piss. Im f**kin sick of losing. Get rid of that hill u built at the training facility if u gonna lose, otherwise its no f**kin good. I want wins n results. No more sit on the ball p***y ass offense. If u dont wanna win, dont be a coach. Go back to being a linebacker coach. Piece of crap.

wooooooosahhhhhhhh
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm not trying to be negative, but we lost because of conservative play calling, inability to convert on third down, and lack of pass rush. Sure, we lead for some time, but in the end, we choked and threw the game away. We played not to lose instead of playing to win. Now, we're trying to console ourselves by saying "we played with heart" and "Singletary's got it under control" and by pointing out a few supportive things people in the media have said.

I just can't help but feel that, if Nolan were in charge, we'd be calling for his head.
This was one of the worse lost in niner history. This was all on sing. Why u would give favre not 1 but 2 chances is beyond me. We cant even burn the clock with 5 minutes left. How f**kin pathetic. Then when we got the ball back we cant even burn 1:49 off the clock to seal the game. Instead we punt n give favre another chance. How f**kin stupid r u singletary? R u that f**kin pathetic? U f**kin a*****e. Robbing us of a victory when all we had to do was get a couple first downs. Instead of at least trying to get a first down u run the ball 3 straight times up the middle. At least try u f**kin p***y ass singlef**ker. Try to get a first down. Enough with this p***y ass play calling
Run the ball smashmouth crap. When we pass the ball we were pretty good. I know we could of had a couple first downs if we really wanted to. Instead, we sat on the ball trying to f**kin protect it. I will never forgive u singletary for this until u win a superbowl. N u too jimmy piece of crap raye. No good for nothing wannabe offensive coordinator old ass motherf**ker. This lost will cost us more than just a game. It may cost us a playoff spot or a home field. Plus, it drains our players n fans emotionally, physically n psycologically. It will be hard to recover from. Two days later im still extremely piss. Im f**kin sick of losing. Get rid of that hill u built at the training facility if u gonna lose, otherwise its no f**kin good. I want wins n results. No more sit on the ball p***y ass offense. If u dont wanna win, dont be a coach. Go back to being a linebacker coach. Piece of crap.

C'mon . . . turn that frown upside down.
Im too passionate. This kind of lost is unacceptable when we had the game won already. Totally unacceptable. I rather us lose by 40. f**k that crap. 2 days later im still steamed. Dont know when im gonna recover. If we meet in the playoffs like stupid p***y play calling coach sing said, then i want us to destroy them by at least 56 points n decapitate favre. Hit him so hard that his neck snap n head falls off. Then toss his head to hell. Thats the only way he wont be able to come back n beat us.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Blah, blah, blah, Roman f**ck** up. Blah, blah, Blah, Singletary f**ck** up.

Blah, blah, blah black sheep, have you any wool.

Just let me add, the guy has made a career out of 4th quarter comebacks and did it again.
Thats the whole point. We all know he can come back. Why give him 2 chances is beyond me. Apparently coach sing n sorry OC jimmy raye didnt know favre can do 4th quarter come backs. Them two s**t heads have been in the NFL long enough to know what favre can do. Apparently they both dont know crap about favre.
  • flow
  • Veteran
We gave the ball back to the Vikings twice within five minutes...

Running out the clock is an important part of football strategy. I hate to say it, but we deserved to lose that game.
[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Sep 29, 2009 at 4:58 PM ]

Just let me add, the guy has made a career out of 4th quarter comebacks and did it again.
Thats the whole point. We all know he can come back. Why give him 2 chances is beyond me. Apparently coach sing n sorry OC jimmy raye didnt know favre can do 4th quarter come backs. Them two s**t heads have been in the NFL long enough to know what favre can do. Apparently they both dont know crap about favre.

They knew what favre can do, but they wanted to see what they can do. obviously we didn't win and Sing has a better idea of where we stand. But this doesn't go all on the offense, Sing WANTS our D to be able to win games like that. When we had those ugly losses in the first 2 weeks, Sing said it was beautiful for him

Im too passionate. This kind of lost is unacceptable when we had the game won already. Totally unacceptable. I rather us lose by 40. f**k that crap. 2 days later im still steamed. Dont know when im gonna recover. If we meet in the playoffs like stupid p***y play calling coach sing said, then i want us to destroy them by at least 56 points n decapitate favre. Hit him so hard that his neck snap n head falls off. Then toss his head to hell. Thats the only way he wont be able to come back n beat us.

Got Meds?
because this was a game we should have won. With nolan it was a game that we lost by 30 pts
Nolan constantly repeated mistakes. Singletary learns from them.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
You have to be the most blind 49ers fan I have seen post on this forum. We called for Nolans Head becuase we were 3 and 1/2 seasons deep into the "Nolan Era" and were getting the same results, i.e. scrapping the game plan early and putting 6 or even 7 DB's on the field in the 4th quarter defense.
We were the under dog in that game, I think Vegas had us dogs for -6. We walked into a hostile croud and battled what was supposed to be a top 5 team and Superbowl contender. No matter what happens coach Sing is going to execute his game plan for the whole game. Hind site is always 20/20. If we pick up the first down from 3 runs than this whole converstaion is dead.
Even when we went 3 and out, I was confident in our defense making a stop, but when Farve has the magic (which he seems to get alot when playing us) there is no stopping him. We are a running football team, get used to it. Given the fact that we didn't convert a single third down all day, what makes you think the vikings defense was going to all of a sudden just let is march down the field.
As I said at the beginning of all this, you have to be blind not to see the significant improvment that coach Sing has brought to this team... we may not win them all, we may not get all the style points but when the 49ers are on the field we are going to get two things (1) run the ball no matter what and (2) are defense is going to hit everyone in the mouth.

We let Favre have magic. I don't care how you analyze it, but you don't run the ball 3 straight times into the teeth of the Vikings' defense (insanity), give Favre the ball back with over a minute left, and then play some soft, p***y defense, letting him march down the field without any pressure. We're a running team, but that doesn't mean we have to be dumb cavemen. We should've been aggressive and put them away. They stole that win from us and a lot of it had to do with bad coaching.

I will say that Mike Singletary did do one thing that I really liked. He called a timeout right before halftime to try and stop the Vikings and get the ball back for a final drive. I liked the aggressiveness there. It didn't exactly work out because Favre connected for a 1st down, but still, we ended up blocking a FG and returning it for a TD. Karma for being aggressive, maybe.

East to say that now, but if we get the first down on 3 run plays or Roman makes a play....WHAT WOULD YOU BE SAYING THEN?

Coach talked about it yesterday in his press conference.

To me the Defense worked because we had them near the 50 with 12 seconds left. It was just another Brett Favre moment vs. Us. It sucks, but the PLAYERS DIDN'T MAKE PLAYS WHEN NEEDED. THEY DIDN'T MARCH ON US....THEY GOT LUCKY!!!!

We gave them an opportunity to get lucky. That's just how I see it. Right when Hill handed the ball off to Coffee on that 3rd down, I knew that we were going to have to punt and that it was a bad play call, regardless of if we converted or not. The call just didn't make any sense to me. I'd do anything in my power to keep the ball away from Favre in that instance, even if it means he has an extra timeout. It's not the worst call in the history of the NFL, but the thing is, if you're going to give the ball back to Favre with over a minute left, at least play some defense. I can understand if the guy is a rookie who's never done anything in the 4th quarter, but Brett Favre? He will pick you apart if you give him time. I'm sick of that soft defense at the end of games. If you've been playing good defense all game, and now the game is on the line, why not continue to play that same good defense? The sad thing is that Singletary had no regrets about the game, so chances are we'll see this same type of thing all year. All I can say is hopefully we'll have different results next time.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM ]
although i love singletary i totally agree. if this was nolan, people would be going crazy ragging on him. instead, since its singletary, people are praising him for even keeping us in the game. well we lost, and a loss shouldnt be acceptable
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Nolan constantly repeated mistakes. Singletary learns from them.

• Blitz
  • Veteran

Actually, Nolan's team would have folded under the pressure long before the end of the game. His team wouldn't have even made it to the second half before the team folded up or had at least shot themselves in the foot half dozen times.

That's the difference...Nolan's team was incapable of fighting, scratching, clawing their way through tough games. They were notorious fro shooting themselves in the foot, they couldn't execute worth a s**t...no matter what scheme or play calling you gave them...they would simply f**k it up in the execution department at some point.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

This is such BS man. The defense defended the play poorly. End of story.
Originally posted by 49erFan:

Got Meds?

My thoughts exactly. I think I would stop following football if it made me this upset. It's a game. And we are fans. If it isn't enjoyable I'd find something that is.

We played them better than could have been expected, but lost in the end. I didn't expect us to be in the game with them at all, so while I'm bummed we lost, I am encouraged about the season. I think this loss will be a stepping stone to lots of wins.

If this continues to happen just like this for several years, or even a number of games, then it becomes just like Nolan. Till then, this game was closer than expected. It wouldn't have been close in the Nolan era.