LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Anyone who talks to Niners reporters or has access to the team.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by cooljon16:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No sure that I want to be too critical of Roman on that play. Hindsight is 20/20. It's pretty much the same thing I thought Roman should have done. Bumped the WR out of bound making it illegal touch for the WR. Or even at the point when the guys catches the ball, Roman could have bump him out cause the WR could barely get his feet in bound as is.

It would have been tough for Roman cause he was pretty much playing the ball and seeing where it's going. To expect him to jammed the WR out of bound ,to me, it would have been a hella play on his part if he could.

Roman just isn't good at judging balls.

Roman just isn't good.

+1

I concur.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
No sure that I want to be too critical of Roman on that play. Hindsight is 20/20. It's pretty much the same thing I thought Roman should have done. Bumped the WR out of bound making it illegal touch for the WR. Or even at the point when the guys catches the ball, Roman could have bump him out cause the WR could barely get his feet in bound as is.

It would have been tough for Roman cause he was pretty much playing the ball and seeing where it's going. To expect him to jammed the WR out of bound ,to me, it would have been a hella play on his part if he could.

Roman just isn't good.

+1

I concur.

It was also a well designed play, notice that only our safeties were in the endzone. Childress took our best aspect of the backfield, CBs, out of the equation.

Roman just isn't good.

+1

Roman needs to go! He is always in the right spot just can never make a play on the ball.
Reading the posts of the zoners this morning actually makes me feel better about yesterday's game because..

1) There seems to be consensus that the TD play was actually called correctly.

2) The chances of that play reoccurring if replayed 100 times are perhaps 2-3%... In other words, the play was a fluke. Admittedly, great players make great plays when it matters but let's not kid ourselves guys....this play was still a fluke. Getting beaten on a fluke doesn't hurt as much as an ass kicking. When a fluke happens, there is always second guessing, looking back, questioning, etc. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah... Bottom line? It was a f**king fluke.

Last bit here.......I'm still not convinced it was a TD. That first foot came down very very close to that back line. In all of the angles I saw, I never saw any green between his foot and the line (meaning that his foot was probably touching the line and therefore he was out of bounds). Also, when he dragged his second foot down, was the first foot still in? Very questionable. At best, the call was controversial....IMHO.

Actually, this is the last bit..... For those of us who remember.....in three of the Niners SB winning seasons, they had heartbreaking regular season losses....in '88 to the Cards in Phoenix, in '89 to the Rams in SF, and in '94 to the Chiefs in KC... Point being that good teams get stronger from a loss like this. It could be a blessing in disguise down the road.....you know, Sing will use this constructively to motivate the team and hopefully Raye will learn that being too conservative can burn you too. Good news also.....Seahawks, Cards, and Rams all lost too...
Nice info!!!!!!! Did not know that....so many darn rules in this game!!! With the ways refs have been throwing flags so far this season, I'm believe the D just wanted to make sure they didn't get a PI and put them at the one!!! Tough call in such a tight game!!!
You can't blame Roman on this. It was a fluke. He actually had pretty damn good coverage...we made a mistake as a whole in letting that WR get behind our D.

The pass was just exactly where it had to be. Yea he could have pushed him out but if you look at the angle he was at, it would have been a pretty tough thing to do because he was lunging for the ball.

Roman has actually made some plays so far this year.

We got beat on a fluke...it's fine. We'll be better because of it.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
You can't blame Roman on this. It was a fluke. He actually had pretty damn good coverage...we made a mistake as a whole in letting that WR get behind our D.

The pass was just exactly where it had to be. Yea he could have pushed him out but if you look at the angle he was at, it would have been a pretty tough thing to do because he was lunging for the ball.

Da** it, there you go using logic again. Don't you know that it doesn't matter whether one of the best comeback QBs in the past 30 years put the ball where only his receiver could catch it. That defies the point that "Roman isn't any good". That's the answer, find a scapegoat. Don't look at past performance as a reflection on what happened.

If you want to blame someone, blame the Vikings for calling the right play at the right time. How dare they do that.

Blame the Vikings QB for having enough experience and confidence to give that throw a try.

If you want to blame someone on the 49ers blame the rush package on the last play, or blame the conservative play calling on any of the 0-XX first downs we didn't get on 3rd down.

To blame one player for this is just silly and stupid.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Da** it, there you go using logic again. Don't you know that it doesn't matter whether one of the best comeback QBs in the past 30 years put the ball where only his receiver could catch it. That defies the point that "Roman isn't any good". That's the answer, find a scapegoat. Don't look at past performance as a reflection on what happened.

If you want to blame someone, blame the Vikings for calling the right play at the right time. How dare they do that.

Blame the Vikings QB for having enough experience and confidence to give that throw a try.

If you want to blame someone on the 49ers blame the rush package on the last play, or blame the conservative play calling on any of the 0-XX first downs we didn't get on 3rd down.

To blame one player for this is just silly and stupid.

We do have some fans that let their emotions override their reason from time to time, but they are good guys nonetheless.
Share 49ersWebzone