LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Michael Spurlock

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by sacniner:
It was a huge play in the game, but it's just one punt return. There have been many players that have returned a punt for a TD. I doubt he'll have another one for a long time. I honestly hope we go after Reggie Bush for a decent price. Might sound crazy, but he is explosive as a punt returner and as a backup RB/receiver.

1 punt return for a TD is a lot better then Arnaz "get out of the way because I am to scared to catch the ball" Battle

Michael Spurlock returned a kick for a touchdown on his first play of his career I do believe. I think it was for the Bucs a few years ago. This is something i've scratched my head over all year. with a returner like that, why was he never used when we needed one so badly???
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by sacniner:
It was a huge play in the game, but it's just one punt return. There have been many players that have returned a punt for a TD. I doubt he'll have another one for a long time. I honestly hope we go after Reggie Bush for a decent price. Might sound crazy, but he is explosive as a punt returner and as a backup RB/receiver.

1 punt return for a TD is a lot better then Arnaz "get out of the way because I am to scared to catch the ball" Battle

Michael Spurlock returned a kick for a touchdown on his first play of his career I do believe. I think it was for the Bucs a few years ago. This is something i've scratched my head over all year. with a returner like that, why was he never used when we needed one so badly???

because it would have made sense.
Fire McClueless!
We are not capable of finding a competent return man even if he landed in our laps.
  • Remmaps
  • Info N/A
And yet we have Battle returning our punts.
another mistake by our GM. Also, not putting Kory Sheets on active roster and miami picking him up, another mistake. Sheets could have returned some kicks too. Battle and brandon jones are big failures as return guys, hopefully we pick one up in the draft or free agency. A major need on our team.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
another mistake by our GM. Also, not putting Kory Sheets on active roster and miami picking him up, another mistake. Sheets could have returned some kicks too. Battle and brandon jones are big failures as return guys, hopefully we pick one up in the draft or free agency. A major need on our team.

Oh please. Sheets hasn't even had one rushing attempt for Miami. NONE! He didn't return kicks either. He's had no impact whatsoever with Miami. He couldn't play special teams and he couldn't be a third down back because he didn't know how to pass block.

You're disillussioned with Kory Sheets being an impact player, which he is far from being. The guy wasn't even drafted by 32 teams x 7 rounds!!!

Enough with this Kory Sheets b*llS**t!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Oh please. Sheets hasn't even had one rushing attempt for Miami. NONE! He didn't return kicks either. He's had no impact whatsoever with Miami. He couldn't play special teams and he couldn't be a third down back because he didn't know how to pass block.

You're disillussioned with Kory Sheets being an impact player, which he is far from being. The guy wasn't even drafted by 32 teams x 7 rounds!!!

Well said
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

and whats ur opinion on how we let spurlock go
Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by vermonator:
I think they're grooming him to take Rossom's spot on special teams. Rossom hasn't looked very good this season thus far.

Anybody catch Spurlock's touchdown while returning kicks for the Buck’s yesterday?

We keep him on the roster, yet he is not activated for games even though our special team needs a returner desperately, then we let him go and bam, he's making plays for someone else.

Why in the hell was this allowed to happen?

Is this failure a result of bad coaching or is the GM to blame?

Take away those muffed punts and lack luster returns and maybe we make the play-offs.

I just don't get what this team is thinking...

Scot working his magic again. If he didn't piss me off so much I'd laugh about it.

Who actually makes these decisions? Isn't it likely that Sing is the one saying which players he wants to get rid of, or if he simply doesn't use a player wouldn't the GM think that player is expendable?

Lots of criticism of the GM, but I wonder if much of this is misplaced.

This from 49ers.com should help you-

“Scot McCloughan is just the man we need guiding the personnel decisions of this franchise,” said team President Jed York. “He’s a cool customer who handles pressure situations well. His pedigree is that of a true football man. Scot has been an integral part of championship teams in the past, and we are confident that he will be a part of another one here with the 49ers in the near future.”

As the man in charge of the 49ers roster, McCloughan not only decides which players come and go through the doors of the team’s practice facility, but he also oversees the management of the team’s salary cap and player contracts. While working hand-in-hand with Head Coach Mike Singletary, McCloughan translates the needs of the 49ers coaching staff into a plan of attack for building the roster.

Scroll way down the page check out punt returns LOL
Linky Stinky
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Scroll way down the page check out punt returns LOL
Linky Stinky

Yeah thats 09 this year since we cut him.
Share 49ersWebzone