LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Michael Spurlock

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Did this guy get on the field today?

Personally I didnt see any 4 WR Sets and no Wildcat/"Taser" formation.

The latter part of that begs the question why is this guy even active. IMHO I dont think there is any point in him being active when surely Hill is a better receiving threat.
niners havent used more than 3 wideouts at any point this season.
I thought I saw him take a horrible angle on Harvin on that return...he was one of the first guys there and bumped into our other player... once Harvin got past him he had blockers and took it to the house.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
niners havent used more than 3 wideouts at any point this season.

But they have lined up Walker & Davis in the slot.

They have gone three wide, but not with three wide receivers.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I thought I saw him take a horrible angle on Harvin on that return...he was one of the first guys there and bumped into our other player... once Harvin got past him he had blockers and took it to the house.

jason hill was a good special teamer last year too. he could definitely do more than spurlock.
well would spurlock be the one cut if crabtree signs? they have somebody as the what if.
Originally posted by daraceto6:
well would spurlock be the one cut if crabtree signs? they have somebody as the what if.

I think he would be. Jason Hill gives us a better overall reciever.
I really don't understand what Hill has done to get himself in Sully's doghouse. I thought he played well at the end of last season, and when given the opportunity, made plays during pre-season. Why the hell is Spurlock playing and active instead of Hill?
Would he be the likely cut if they bring up Sheets this week?
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Would he be the likely cut if they bring up Sheets this week?

Given that he has been active for all 3 games I would have thought Jason Hill is more at risk of being cut than Spurlock.

It seems ludacris that we are favouring a player with 4 career receptions over someone who is younger and when given the chance has done well.

The only forseeable reason as to why Spurlock is being favored is his Wildcat abilities, which hasn't exactly been a success thus far.

Career Stats
Michael Spurlock (Age 26)
TOTAL Rec 4 Yds 31 Avg 7.8 Lng 15 TDs 0

Jason Hill (Age 24)
TOTAL Rec 31 Yds 323 Avg 10.4 Lng 33 TDs 2
[ Edited by Stuuk on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:15 AM ]

• evil
  • Veteran
Where oh where did Michael Spurlock's preseason fan club go to ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Where oh where did Michael Spurlock's preseason fan club go to ?

Is he Jewish?
..Needs to get cut!
Look, he gives us more options then Hill or even Jones at this point. Spurlock can run the taser, return kicks, and Play WR. What else does Jason bring other then WR?

Lets face it, were talking about the #5 or #6 WR slot here. We need versatility instead of just another backup. Michael gives us that...
Share 49ersWebzone