There are 161 users in the forums

Stop blaming Raye . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
J-Raye called another solid game. I liked the screens to avert pressure from the run. If Coffee mellows out a bit he could get a couple more yards per carry.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Once Jones gets re acclimated to the offensive system, it will allow us to stretch the field some more.

not with Shaun Hill throwing the ball

THat's exactly what I was thinking.

~Ceadder

..... its so funny how Shaun seems to be able to throw a nice deep ball....and has showed it again yesterday.....but don't let me stop this denial party

laugh away boys.

The guy throws floaters, that throw to Morgan was nice, but there were more that were lame ducks. I think Morgan dropped it because he was shocked that the ball came to him. It seems that after 8 years Hill would be able to manage to throw spirals instead of those wobbly floaters, I mean I can throw a spiral every time, and I haven't played QB in 20 years.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by B650:
I think it's ridiculous how sometimes there are 8 or 9 men in the box and they're showing blitz up the middle, yet the 49ers continue with a play up the middle that takes 5 seconds to develop and goes for negative yardage. Someone is to blame. Hill should audible in these situations. I mean, he's the QB. He's supposed to be the brains of the offense.

I don't know what is up with Hill, but he definitely not playing as well as last year. He looks timid and indecisive compared to last year. He claimed to have the authority to audible in the preseason, yet he never seems to. He hasn't cost us a game yet, but if his play continues to play scared, teams will pick up on this and make him win the game, then things could get ugly.

I know what it is. He's finally getting a taste of what Smith went through standing behind all the crappy OLInes that were put in front of him. That and he's the Starter so Opposing teams are game planning him, as I said they would.

~Ceadder

Perhaps, but he is still winning.

LB
Once Jones gets re acclimated to the offensive system, it will allow us to stretch the field some more.

~Ceadder

..... its so funny how Shaun seems to be able to throw a nice deep ball....and has showed it again yesterday.....but don't let me stop this denial party

laugh away boys.

The guy throws floaters, that throw to Morgan was nice, but there were more that were lame ducks. I think Morgan dropped it because he was shocked that the ball came to him. It seems that after 8 years Hill would be able to manage to throw spirals instead of those wobbly floaters, I mean I can throw a spiral every time, and I haven't played QB in 20 years.

LOL... So, you care more what it looks like than the results the QB gets.
Originally posted by leebert81:
I think it's ridiculous how sometimes there are 8 or 9 men in the box and they're showing blitz up the middle, yet the 49ers continue with a play up the middle that takes 5 seconds to develop and goes for negative yardage. Someone is to blame. Hill should audible in these situations. I mean, he's the QB. He's supposed to be the brains of the offense.

I don't know what is up with Hill, but he definitely not playing as well as last year. He looks timid and indecisive compared to last year. He claimed to have the authority to audible in the preseason, yet he never seems to. He hasn't cost us a game yet, but if his play continues to play scared, teams will pick up on this and make him win the game, then things could get ugly.

I know what it is. He's finally getting a taste of what Smith went through standing behind all the crappy OLInes that were put in front of him. That and he's the Starter so Opposing teams are game planning him, as I said they would.

~Ceadder

LB

Logic dosen't work on haters.

~Ceadder

laugh away boys.

Who says a strong arm is needed to be a great team? Look at Russell

Hill did his job and put it right in Morgans arms, look at the job he's doing with Davis. Or wait is that not good enough? You guys must not watch the games

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 5, 2009 at 13:07:34 ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by leebert81:

~Ceadder

LB

Logic dosen't work on haters.

LOL

LB
We've now seen Smith helm the offense and it looks almost the same as with Hill leading it. Sure, Smith was able to make a few passes overall that Hill would have been unable to complete, but nonetheless, the offense looks very much the same. Run it up the gut for usually minimal gain.

This conservative offense is frustrating to watch knowing the Niners have the weapons to get the ball downfield. If the Niners were a mistake free team, sure, maybe this approach would work. But they are not a mistake free team and every little mistake puts them in a hole that is very tough to recover from. The defense played the Colts better than anyone this year, but the Niner offense was a no-show in the second half.

I had hoped with Smith leading the team, Raye would open up a bit. Instead, it's the same old crap with the same results.
Feed Raye some sleeping pills and lock him in the closet for the rest of the season.
This game is on Sings conservative BS

SHANNAHAN!!!!
Originally posted by tommyncal:
. . . . he is calling the plays that Singletary wants. This is Singletary's philosphy . . conservative, conservative and more conservative. Singletary could override any call that Raye calls. Singletary has done a remarkable job, but I am having trouble getting onboard his bandwagon. You need a qb that defenses have to game plan for. These are the 49ers, where's our legacy?? The game is there to be won with a simple short pass and they can't, or choose not to, make a first down! That's alot of pressure to be put on any defense game after game. Singletary needs to change or the Scott needs to tell him to change.

no i won't till he gets fire
he gets the blame
did sing told him to run all day ? to make stupid play calling and pass plays like a two yard pass on 3rd and 7 ?
no no and no
it's on him to open it just a little bit
if he's the eigth option at OC it's probably cos he has the same philosophy than sing
so they're both responsible but as the question is about raye ...
Sing has really disappointed me this season. Cutting Allen Rossum and continuing to run up the middle with no gain after no gain. Raye is simply doing what Singletary wants him to.

This is begining to look more and more like the Nolan regime. A head coach who has no clue about offense and qb.
How many times do I have to tell you Alex.... Run, Run, Pass, and then punt... Run, Run, Pass, and then Punt... it's not that complicated!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Sing has really disappointed me this season. Cutting Allen Rossum and continuing to run up the middle with no gain after no gain. Raye is simply doing what Singletary wants him to.

This is begining to look more and more like the Nolan regime. A head coach who has no clue about offense and qb.

Offensively sort of, but defensively this team his miles ahead of Nolan's regime.
Share 49ersWebzone