LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Stop blaming Raye . . .

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Once Jones gets re acclimated to the offensive system, it will allow us to stretch the field some more.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Once Jones gets re acclimated to the offensive system, it will allow us to stretch the field some more.

That's if our O-line give's Hill enough time to throw the deep ball....
I'm still worried about our running game. How much of the poor blocking can be attributed to the zone blocking scheme that we run now? I don't think our o-line is as horrible as the people on here make it out to be when we run the ball. Pass blocking is another story but this line was built to primarily run block because our strength was in Gore. We have been able to run the ball in the past even on 8 and 9 man fronts. Why is it now we can't run the ball? I think scheme has something to do with it but the players also have something to do with it too.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I'm still worried about our running game. How much of the poor blocking can be attributed to the zone blocking scheme that we run now? I don't think our o-line is as horrible as the people on here make it out to be when we run the ball. Pass blocking is another story but this line was built to primarily run block because our strength was in Gore. We have been able to run the ball in the past even on 8 and 9 man fronts. Why is it now we can't run the ball? I think scheme has something to do with it but the players also have something to do with it too.

Me too. I'm going to have to read up on the Falcons defense cause this next game could get really ugly.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by wolfpack219:
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
Yeah, Raye is to blame for this. 35 to zip, 3 and 1, undefeated at home, undefeated in our division. What a loser.

well said! We will win the division and the excuse will be that the play calling must get better next year or we are screwed. Enjoy it people and remember there is a reason your not a coach in the NFL lol

Absolutely. I am a fan who doesn't have much of a clue--but I'll take these wins, compared to what we've been going through.

Yeah, I like pretty football, the Niners were the best of all time at that. T

hey're not giving me pretty, but I'll take what their giving me and let the coaches have ulcers over how to make it better.
Originally posted by taney71:

Me too. I'm going to have to read up on the Falcons defense cause this next game could get really ugly.

According to ESPN, Atlanta has the 24th defense in total yards, 22 in pass D, 24th in rushing D.

Their passing offense is 16th and rushing offense is 23rd, which I think is deceiving.

Something to think about is the niners are ranked 16th in rushing offense. If you subtract Gores 2 big runs from the Seattle game, WE ARE DEAD LAST IN RUSHING!!! We rank 27th in passing offense.

We rank 24th in passing Defense and , 4th in ruishing Defense and are Ranked 13th overall. this is from ESPN so I actually think these stats are prior to today's games

According to ESPN, Atlanta has the 24th defense in total yards, 22 in pass D, 24th in rushing D.

Their passing offense is 16th and rushing offense is 23rd, which I think is deceiving.

Something to think about is the niners are ranked 16th in rushing offense. If you subtract Gores 2 big runs from the Seattle game, WE ARE DEAD LAST IN RUSHING!!! We rank 27th in passing offense.

We rank 24th in passing Defense and , 4th in ruishing Defense and are Ranked 13th overall. this is from ESPN so I actually think these stats are prior to today's games

If and If. Gore got those rushes and if you keep it balanced thier going to happen. Again we should have had another TD no thanks to Morgan. Our offense will open up more and more once they get more comfortable.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

If and If. Gore got those rushes and if you keep it balanced thier going to happen. Again we should have had another TD no thanks to Morgan. Our offense will open up more and more once they get more comfortable.

Dude relax. No need to be defensive!!!

I was merely saying that to show that our run game is horrible. I wasn't talking about today's game in paticular either those stats were going into today's game to compare the niners to the Falcons on paper.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Dude relax. No need to be defensive!!!

I was merely saying that to show that our run game is horrible. I wasn't talking about today's game in paticular either those stats were going into today's game to compare the niners to the Falcons on paper.

Lol. I am relaxed brother. Just saying if are ifs. Against inferior teams we should do that. We should have today but our interior line had some major issue's today.

not with Shaun Hill throwing the ball

Originally posted by 49erman5692:

THat's exactly what I was thinking.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

..... its so funny how Shaun seems to be able to throw a nice deep ball....and has showed it again yesterday.....but don't let me stop this denial party

laugh away boys.

~Ceadder

Who threw that pass to Josh Morgan that he dropped?
The 49ers play like the Hawkeyes...it kills me every week to watch them but they manage a way to win.

We've had to have made the fewest mental mistakes of any team in the NFL and we've capitalized on the mistakes of our opponent.

I hate that we run straight up the gut so much but it's proven to soften the defense for the second half.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it 3-1 baby! (Should be 4-0 dammit)

~Ceadder

aaah, no.

Do you watch Niner games? If you say yes I don't believe you, there's no way you would be saying that if you watch Niner games, unless you just think everybody should have Cutler's arm.
Share 49ersWebzone