There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sing: "We'll see them again in the Playoffs"

Quote:
Singletary began working the room, shaking hands with his players after the 49ers' crushing 27-24 loss to the Vikings. His job was to make sure the loss does not crush the season.

He loudly instructed his team to keep their heads high and their shoulders back. And then he made a promise.

"We'll see them again in the playoffs!" he said, his voice booming.

Link

I Love It !!!

I really think this team is too mentally tough to let this keep them down.
I don't think the Vikes make the playoffs.
YES YES YES! perserverace like ive been saying.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Quote:
Singletary began working the room, shaking hands with his players after the 49ers' crushing 27-24 loss to the Vikings. His job was to make sure the loss does not crush the season.

He loudly instructed his team to keep their heads high and their shoulders back. And then he made a promise.

"We'll see them again in the playoffs!" he said, his voice booming.

Link

I Love It !!!

I really think this team is too mentally tough to let this keep them down.

if the vikes make it!!!!!!!!
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for fzrdave.
That would be great.
No, you won't see them in a play-offs if your offense can't convert ONE SINGLE 3RD DOWN FOR 60 MINUTES.
0/11 on 3rd downs? Umm, we have a lot of f**king work to do before talking about the playoffs. Nice to see the confidence but IMO this is a little too early.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
No, you won't see them in a play-offs if your offense can't convert ONE SINGLE 3RD DOWN FOR 60 MINUTES.

You will see them in the playoffs, if your team continues to fight and find a way to win anyway possible. If we literally nearly won the game without a 3rd down conversion, that just only adds praise to the coaching of the mentalitiy of the players, Sing does
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

You will see them in the playoffs, if your team continues to fight and find a way to win anyway possible. If we literally nearly won the game without a 3rd down conversion, that just only adds praise to the coaching of the mentalitiy of the players, Sing does

LOL! But we still didn't WIN. So until it's proven that you can win a game coverting NO 3rd downs, then I'll believe this argument.

It's not about what's on paper, it's not about hypotheticals. It's about results - WINS AND LOSSES. This is still an L. Morale victory BS doesn't sell to me anymore.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Exactly, We were without gore and lost some OL. We will be in the playoffs, NFC WEST IS OURS!
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I pray that the play calling matures as the season goes on. But knowing that Raye has been in the league as long as he has, it does not give me confidence.

Still, there were many breakout players this week. Too many to name, but this team is definitely one to be proud of, as Sing has promised.

Singletary has given fans a reason to be excited again.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I don't think the Vikes make the playoffs.

I don't know. The Bears look awful, the Packers have looked mediocre, and the Lions are the Lions.

The Vikings haven't looked like a SB contender, but I think they have chance to sneak in.
Originally posted by Method:
0/11 on 3rd downs? Umm, we have a lot of f**king work to do before talking about the playoffs. Nice to see the confidence but IMO this is a little too early.

Got damn, Method!! Save it.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Method:

Got damn, Method!! Save it.

He doesn't know what he's talking about! lol

We should have won and we still didn't convert on 3rd downs.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM ]
We are on the right track.. The only thing I would change would be the 3 rushes up the middle..Get the damn ball to v.d.. It hurts but, let's cheer on the bears & colts today..If they both win we lose no ground in the west..Plus we have the rams to take it all out on next week.. Also, I think this takes some pressure off us a little bit..We've sucked for 6 yrs now & after 2 wins this year the media was giving us a little bit too much credit. I was surprised how much coverage we've gotten so far this season. That puts alot of undo pressure on our guys. I'd rather be the underdog until we earn all the praise...Let's have a winning season before every one has us winning the super bowl...