There are 192 users in the forums

Blame the Refs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah and what about the lack of clock run off after the intentional grounding or maybe it was a hold I forget.
[ Edited by JBatta49erfansince81 on Sep 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Yeah and what about the lack of clock run off after the intentional grounding or maybe it was a hold I forget.
Multiple offsides not called by the horrible officiating.

Shawntae's non-taunt.

Spurlock's attempt at an arm tackle of Percy Harvin on the 101 yard KO return.

Decision to run up to the Williams wall 3 consecutive times in order to drain clock.

Mark Roman's half-ass attempt at the deflection.

Choose any one of the above or a combination.
Hills first fumble was a clear offsides on the vikings
Originally posted by Kolohe:
First play of the game, how could they NOT call off-sides??

Spencer taunt, defensive players do that all the time, I've never seen that called??

The run back by Harvin, where was the holding call on that was on Jeff Ulbrich??

The most hilarious one, where was the flag when Favre was pass the LOS when he threw that ball??

But, hey, like I said, I'm over it. On to the Rams!!!!

Its no excuse, they made horrible calls against both teams.

But since we are on the subject, I think the worst call against us was a non-call.

When Peterson made his little burst around the corner for 30 something yards or whatever, Willis was yanked to the ground.

The guy literally grabbed him and pulled him straight down, right where he was setting the left edge.

If the guy didn't tackle Willis, Peterson would have had another loss on that play.

But home field advantage has an historic ref bias. And certain teams/players who have more respect in the league than others also have a ref bias (but that is true with every sport).

The bottom line is, the calls even out over time, and they are not the reason we lost.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Favre is the darling this year, so I wasn't too surprised with the calls.

fixed.
I know we should all be over it, but there's one thing no one really mentioned.. the clock.

How many times did Singletary have to yell timeout before the refs finally gave it to him?

Plus, if you watch our last drive (which I still believe we should have done a bootleg pass or something to insure the first down), the clock stops even before the whistles blow on every timeout called by the Vikings..

12 seconds were left on the clock at the end.. How much time would there have been if the clock manager would have waited to stop the clock until AFTER the whistles blew?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
First play of the game, how could they NOT call off-sides??

Spencer taunt, defensive players do that all the time, I've never seen that called??

The run back by Harvin, where was the holding call on that was on Jeff Ulbrich??

The most hilarious one, where was the flag when Favre was pass the LOS when he threw that ball??

But, hey, like I said, I'm over it. On to the Rams!!!!

Its no excuse, they made horrible calls against both teams.

But since we are on the subject, I think the worst call against us was a non-call.

When Peterson made his little burst around the corner for 30 something yards or whatever, Willis was yanked to the ground.

The guy literally grabbed him and pulled him straight down, right where he was setting the left edge.

If the guy didn't tackle Willis, Peterson would have had another loss on that play.

But home field advantage has an historic ref bias. And certain teams/players who have more respect in the league than others also have a ref bias (but that is true with every sport).

The bottom line is, the calls even out over time, and they are not the reason we lost.

I was gonna mention that, but I didn't see who the 9er was that was being held. But yah, I saw that one too.

And sure, the bad calls and no calls weren't the reason we loss this game, but it sure did contribute a lot to it. If they called that hold on Jeff Ulbrich during Percy Harvin's run back for a TD, the score would have been 24-20, with the game ending in a failed onside kick attempt.
What pisses me off the most is the ref helping Farve with his jersey. I mean WTF!!!!! The ref was like all over Farve, smilling and laughing. Those punk refs screwed us over. They would bend over for Farve in a sec.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The Vikings are the darlings this year, so I wasn't too surprised with the calls.

Its the Farve affect. It wouldn't have been anything like this if T.Jackson or Sage at the helm.

Can someone help me out.

What happened to the illegal formation call? Seems like the only penalty enforced was Spencers taunt.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Those calls were awful. Yes there were some bad call against Minnesota too, but they made worse calls for us that really hurt. Gave the Vikings 3 free points. The NFL referees were a JOKE today. Really really bad.

Yeah. That roughing the passer call on Henderson was a joke. We did turn that into seven.

It wasn't a joke. He did hit him in the face. There wasn't any effect on Hill but it's still in the rules you can't do that.
I was so upset when the refs ruled the Vikes had scored the winning td that I quickly deleted the game from my DVR. Now I'm hearing that the WR didn't have control of the ball until AFTER he was out of bounds. My friend said the ref was looking at the wrs feet so he didn't noptice the ball moving.

Oh well...
Originally posted by nflguy49:
I was so upset when the refs ruled the Vikes had scored the winning td that I quickly deleted the game from my DVR. Now I'm hearing that the WR didn't have control of the ball until AFTER he was out of bounds. My friend said the ref was looking at the wrs feet so he didn't noptice the ball moving.

Oh well...

I watched it several times on the DVR and it looked to be a legit TD...
Originally posted by A-R-S:
That taunting call on spencer that gave them 3 free points was

Yeah wtf was that call all about....there definitely some phantom calls, i hope our coaches complaint to the league, just so they know they blew some calls.
Share 49ersWebzone