LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Blame the Refs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seemed that the Refs did alot to help the utcome of todays game. There seemed to be alot of offsides that were not called on them and some bogus calls blown on our team. The Vikings definately got some help in my opinion.
[ Edited by Oscar on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM ]
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
That taunting call on spencer that gave them 3 free points was
Originally posted by kstolai:
It seemed that the Refs did alot to help the utcome of todays game. There seemed to be alot of offsides that were not called on them and some bogus calls blown on our team. The Vikings definately got some help in my opinion.

Yes but the refs costs both teams yards and points today. Bogger and his crew sucked today. On the first drive there was an offsides not called, the Spencer call was dumb and the EJ Henderson tap on Hill was dumb. Not to mention our coaches had to correct them on the Favre over the line throw.
WTF was with the ref fixing farves sholder pad
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Worst penalty ever. lol Spencer was just excited he made a good play and boom 15 yards first down.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
I definitely was pissed at the refs. About 5 times the defensive line bolted across the line of scrimmage before we even hiked the ball.

No calls.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Worst penalty ever. lol Spencer was just excited he made a good play and boom 15 yards first down.

I thought he was signaling pass incomplete
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Don't forget the first play of the game when Allen knocked the ball out of Hill's hand, CLEAR offsides.

Zebra's sucked balls, but they always do. We still should have won.

We have Gore/ an actual offensive coordinator, and we win this game by 3 TDs.
The Vikings are the darlings this year, so I wasn't too surprised with the calls.
Those calls were awful. Yes there were some bad call against Minnesota too, but they made worse calls for us that really hurt. Gave the Vikings 3 free points. The NFL referees were a JOKE today. Really really bad.

Originally posted by Adman:
I definitely was pissed at the refs. About 5 times the defensive line bolted across the line of scrimmage before we even hiked the ball.

No calls.

Exactly yet they were never called and that roughing the passer against Smith was Bull as well.
Unfortunately it is a known fact Refs give more lee way to teams or players that consistently win vs a team that has been consistently poor. A Randy Moss will get away with pushing off a CB vs a Josh Morgan, A Jared Allen can taunt but a Spencer cannot. A Brett Farve will get away with a head bob causing the defense to be offside but a Shaun Hill can’t it is just the way the league is.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:

Its not you, there were some serious bogus calls today. That penalty by Spencer really hurt.

and when AP had a first down run he was galloping and yelling at our players while coming back onto the field.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
WTF was with the ref fixing farves sholder pad

lol, if you're going to pick on the refs, at least get a better angle. Refs fix pads, it's not a big deal. Sheesh.
Share 49ersWebzone