There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick thought on our O....

We have done well so far. Truth is I expect us to get better. What I have falied to realize until now is that this is still a new system and I can easily see us getting better and better every week. Especially once we get the run game fully established we can PA pass which is very effective under Raye.

Just though I would throw that out there.
^^Agree 100%

Once we get this offense down look out.
Once we have a better balance in the play calling...................
Originally posted by AKfanster:

and a QB not afraid to throw the ball when the receivers are open....
i just want to see some air attack work, and i will be happy
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

and recievers who actually catch the ball when thrown to......
Originally posted by backontop:

I have been surprised by the lack of Play Action.

Lack of getting VD involved in the passing game.

The Oline needs to get more dominant for both of those things to happen.

Hill has looked tentative this year -- I think he was a little more relaxed last year. Maybe last year he "had nothing to loose."

TOUGH game this week - we'll see if the offense can look improved, balanced and dynamic. If it can against the Vikings, that would be an awesome sign!

(PS - Lets hope Willis is a monster against Peterson again!!)

Well when the QB only throws the ball 57 times in 2 games, you can't hardly place the blame on the Receivers. 37 completions is not bad. That's a ratio of over 60% if my quick math serves me correctly.

But 57 passes thrown in 2 games is an average of 28.5 passes thrown. And almost ALL of them are short to intermediate in range. It's not the amount, come to think of it, but the situational passing mind boggling.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Well when the QB only throws the ball 57 times in 2 games, you can't hardly place the blame on the Receivers. 37 completions is not bad. That's a ratio of over 60% if my quick math serves me correctly.

But 57 passes thrown in 2 games is an average of 28.5 passes thrown. And almost ALL of them are short to intermediate in range. It's not the amount, come to think of it, but the situational passing mind boggling.

~Ceadder

Yes but look at the number of passes thrown to the WR's and compare that to the number of passes dropped by WR's. Hell Bruce had 2-3 drops last week alone.
I don't think our offense will ever 'open it up'

Singletary stresses NO turnovers. It's run the ball and take what they give you in the passing game. Hill might take a couple of shots down field a game if he feels confident enough to face Singletary on the sideline afterward. Even if Raye begged Singletary to open it up, he stands to lose a kidney to Mike if it doesn't workout.

Now if we can get/develope an elite WR that is consistent and dependable. Mike might changed his mind and come to the Dark Side. But until then it ain't going to happen.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I don't think our offense will ever 'open it up'

Singletary stresses NO turnovers. It's run the ball and take what they give you in the passing game. Hill might take a couple of shots down field a game if he feels confident enough to face Singletary on the sideline afterward. Even if Raye begged Singletary to open it up, he stands to lose a kidney to Mike if it doesn't workout.

Now if we can get/develope an elite WR that is consistent and dependable. Mike might changed his mind and come to the Dark Side. But until then it ain't going to happen.

With it being a new offense we will run more to let the passing game catch up. Even in preseason we had our up and down practices with the passing game. I would expect that to change once everyone is in sync with this passing offense. Hence the 60 to 40 ratio. Just like the Tards game. Once we realize the are stopping the run cause it will happen we will pass more.