There are 155 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
The tampering allegations made by the 49ers against the Jets over Michael Crabtree will not be withdrawn, according to a Profootballtalk.com source.

The case is still on the table even though Crabtree is now under contract and the Jets have their big-play receiver in Braylon Edwards. However, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio says there's "a sense that" the 49ers don't have enough evidence to make the allegation stick.

via roto

don't know if this has been posted yet

Interesting. Although, i think that if that was the case then Goodell wouldn't have assigned those two security managers to investigate.

We'll see though..

-9fA

Also if need be they can just ask Crabtree himself.

And wouldn't Deion be obligated in some way as an NFL employee to divulge the information he had? I'm not sure that would count as evidence, but it would at least send the investigation in the right direction.
Originally posted by Pogity:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The tampering allegations made by the 49ers against the Jets over Michael Crabtree will not be withdrawn, according to a Profootballtalk.com source.

The case is still on the table even though Crabtree is now under contract and the Jets have their big-play receiver in Braylon Edwards. However, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio says there's "a sense that" the 49ers don't have enough evidence to make the allegation stick.

via roto

Interesting. Although, i think that if that was the case then Goodell wouldn't have assigned those two security managers to investigate.

We'll see though..

-9fA

Also if need be they can just ask Crabtree himself.

Yeah, I'd think we have access to all the evidence we need now. Crabtree could potentially benefit his team by squealing, and get a better chance at hitting his incentives.

I don't think it will help him hit his incentives, but it will make him look better in the eyes of the FO and the team
If the 49ers don't win the case, then how do we get penalized for the false accusation?
Originally posted by FourNine49:
If the 49ers don't win the case, then how do we get penalized for the false accusation?

we don't
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

via roto

I was afraid of that.
Whats the normal time frame for a decsion regarding tampering alligations? Withing a month or two?
Originally posted by FourNine49:

I think we might be penalized if the evidence that we provide is not evidence at all and is instead hearsay.

I mean we just can't go to the NFL and say in court that the Jets are tampering because Deion said so.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Whats the normal time frame for a decsion regarding tampering alligations? Withing a month or two?

Quoted for emphasis...

*waits*...*sits down*
When the Niners called Brigg's agent just to ask about his status, we were docked third and fifth round picks that went to Chicago. IF the Jets tried to woo Crabs away BEFORE we even could sign him and it delayed him from playing for us, that IMO, is a far more serious infraction. I say it's worth two first round picks; but hey I am a jerk anyway.
naked pushups at the local prison

Watch a Raiders game live.
nothing

they arent going to get busted

even if they did, we were able to sign crabtree so the penalty wont be severe.

Maybe a 3rd round pick at the most
With the Niners now having Crabtree signed, I doubt they will get much in terms of compensation if the allegations of tampering are proven to be true. But, the Jets on the other hand, may face some fairly severe disciplinary action.

I also don't believe the Niners will be docked for filing a frivolous tampering charge. Mainly because I don't think the NFL would have started a full blown investigation unless the Niners submitted enough evidence warrant such action. Even if, after the investigation ends, there isn't enough evidence found to fully substantiate the Niners claim, they clearly submitted enough to the NFL to get the ball rolling which should protect them from a frivolous charge.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

via roto

I was afraid of that.

I posted a few pages back

The packers filed tampering charges against the vikings in regards to favre (when he 1st retired).

Packers traded favre to the Jets

Tampering charges vanish... I cant find what happened to either the packers or vikings
Originally posted by 9erfreak:

I would think that it will be sooner rather than later since Crabs signed. If they have completed the "investigation" it could be very soon. If they find in our favor, the exact penalty my not be decided until after the season to gauge the worth of picks that would be involved. Not that we would even get any of them. Just to gauge the impact on the Jets.

[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 8, 2009 at 12:24:54 ]
Share 49ersWebzone