LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

49ers accuse Jets of Tampering *Updated*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
It shows that the Jets were very hungry for a good WR. Sanders begged Parker and Crabtree to sign with the 49ers to take the HEAT off of him. (tHERE MUST be a ton of heat on Sanders) I think the Jets are going to get in trouble over this. I would just like to know who the other team was??

Hint: it rhymes with shmowboys.
They trade for edwards the same day we sign crabtree.......there's no way they didn't tamper. F the jets
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Seems pretty damned clear at this point they DID indeed tamper, and that the league WILL come down in our favor. I don't expect to see much news about it for some time though. Let the dust settle, let draft order become clear....

I don't see the league taking this one lightly. Tampering with a top ten high profile draft pick is a big friggen deal, if left unpunished it could set a precedent that could throw the whole system into chaos.

[ Edited by DJD on Oct 7, 2009 at 09:28:30 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The jets try to tamper with Marshall, nothing happened, same with Crabs, nothing will happen, then they get Edwards anyways. I never thought anything would happen because it's so difficult to prove which only makes what the league did to SF such BS. Really the thanks goes to Deion for beinga dumbass and thinking he could use NFLN to pressure SF. Had he said nothing there's a good chance Crabs would have been traded to NY the day he was eligable.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I'm suprised that we could've gotten Edwards for just a 3rd and a 5th.
They say it would be hard to muster enough evidence, but if a missed phone call to Brigg's agent(who was a the agent of one of our players at the time) is enough to convict us of tampering, I think Deion's statement and the fact that the Jets needed a receiver and just traded for one is enough to convict them. Thats just my two sense.
i smell a 3rd or 4th round pick for the Tampering from the J-E-T-S
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

I think it will be higher... if they are found guilty. I just don't think they will, but if so the league will want to send a huge message and set an example the way they did with Spygate against it's flagship team. But look at all the evidence it took for that to happen.
Convenient that they get Edwards, literally hours after Crabtree is signed. I can't wait until the niners pummel them again.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

I think it will be higher... if they are found guilty. I just don't think they will, but if so the league will want to send a huge message and set an example the way they did with Spygate against it's flagship team. But look at all the evidence it took for that to happen.

well they might be pics for the 2011 draft depending on what pics the jets just traded to the browns. they knew they would get in trouble to off loaded their pics and got something for them just in time

This really smells to high heaven. The day Crabs signs, the Jets trade for Braylon Edwards who is playing out his rookie contract and who could be suspended for punching out LeBron James' friend. And Crabs signs a week after the 49ers filed tampering charges against the Jets, closing off an avenue to a $40 million contract. With no alternative on the table, he comes in from the cold. If the Commish sweeps this under the rug, it will be very suspicious.
Originally posted by contrarios:
This really smells to high heaven. The day Crabs signs, the Jets trade for Braylon Edwards who is playing out his rookie contract and who could be suspended for punching out LeBron James' friend. And Crabs signs a week after the 49ers filed tampering charges against the Jets, closing off an avenue to a $40 million contract. With no alternative on the table, he comes in from the cold. If the Commish sweeps this under the rug, it will be very suspicious.

You read my mind. Ive been thinking this all morning
Originally posted by sicc110:
Originally posted by contrarios:

You read my mind. Ive been thinking this all morning

+1. I really hope that the commish will back up his stance on tampering and throw the book at the Jets. A 2nd rounder would be nice...
The Jets can't give the 9ers a '10 draft pick because they traded them away for Braylon Edwards lol....smells fishy.
Originally posted by richierich:
The Jets can't give the 9ers a '10 draft pick because they traded them away for Braylon Edwards lol....smells fishy.

They gave away a 3rd and a 5th. I'm starting to think that Mangini is still getting paid by the Jets.
Share 49ersWebzone