LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Fox Sports Battle of the 2-0 teams...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Adam Meyer, sports handicapper (self-proclaimed #1 handicapper), on the Murph & Mac show this morning has the 9ers winning this one 23 to 21 for whatever that's worth.
CONDITIONING! The 49er's spent a lot of time in conditioning and gearing up to play smash mouth football.

If they can play SMASHMOUTH for four quarters, can the Vikings keep up with them?

I know that the Vikings have some big people but what kind of condition are they in?

Can this be a game where Singletary's rigorous conditioning pays off?
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
CONDITIONING! The 49er's spent a lot of time in conditioning and gearing up to play smash mouth football.

If they can play SMASHMOUTH for four quarters, can the Vikings keep up with them?

I know that the Vikings have some big people but what kind of condition are they in?

Can this be a game where Singletary's rigorous conditioning pays off?

Well, that and depth. Nothing beats conditioning like a pair of fresh legs coming into the game with little drop-off in talent.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Again I think this is pretty accurate. We beat the Cardinals who we always play tough and match up well against and a very injured and overrated Seahawks team. We should be 8 of 9 (the Broncos are the worst 2-0 team by far).

Now until November 8th will tell you a lot about where we are. In that stretch of 6 games you have 4 playoff teams from last year (Falcons, Colts, Vikes & Titans) and the Rams and Texans. This week starts a brutal stretch of 7 weeks for our 49ers. If we can come out of this stretch 4 and 2 I think we are a legit contender as this would mean we beat at least 2 of the playoff teams from last year. If we can go 3-3 I think we win our division but unsure how we do in the playoffs. If we come out of this stretch having just beat the Texans and Rams, well then I think we still can win the division but it will be a very short playoffs for us. If we do any worse then 2-4 then it is another top ten draft pick for us (I don't see this happening).

As far as I am concerned Singletary has got this team going in the right direction. They are winning games they should win and playing tough, sound football. But whether or not we have the talent and/or experience to compete for a championship this year will be obvious by 7 p.m on November 8th.

4 PM Pacific!

Share 49ersWebzone