LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Will Vernon get his first T/D this weekend?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by valrod33:
i know ive seen him drop one pass so far, anybody have an idea on his drops this year.

I think davis has played really well this year and has come up with some nice catches. He may not have a TD yet but he has played well

First and foremost, (I got a little of Singletary saying going here), welcome Valrod33, this is the first time you commented on the actully thread subject vs commenting on why i made a thread...Nice Job!

Secondly, Vernon Davis has indeed matured, become a TEAM leader and played well.

Thirdly, Vernon worked his butt off getting to this point, and I thinke Jimmy Raye needs to dial up Vernon number more often than he has. I mean how in the world do you take advantage of a Tight End who is Big, Physical, Strong and very, very fast.

Come On, Jummy Raye, Get the ball in Vernon's hands just a bit more often!!

ha ha well this might be the only thought of yours that actually deserved its own thread, so its seems you might be getting the hang of this. you deserve a round of applause
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM ]
i know ive seen him drop one pass so far, anybody have an idea on his drops this year.

I think davis has played really well this year and has come up with some nice catches. He may not have a TD yet but he has played well

First and foremost, (I got a little of Singletary saying going here), welcome Valrod33, this is the first time you commented on the actully thread subject vs commenting on why i made a thread...Nice Job!

Secondly, Vernon Davis has indeed matured, become a TEAM leader and played well.

Thirdly, Vernon worked his butt off getting to this point, and I thinke Jimmy Raye needs to dial up Vernon number more often than he has. I mean how in the world do you take advantage of a Tight End who is Big, Physical, Strong and very, very fast.

ha ha well this might be the only thought of yours that actually deserved its own thread, so its seems you might be getting the hang of this. you deserve a round of applause

You know.... when one get hounded to death, by one person over and over again, and you are freak'en relentless, (and not always right!) it tends to sink in.

You know.... when one get hounded to death, by one person over and over again, and you are freak'en relentless, (and not always right!) it tends to sink in.

Look Vernon has been a dissapointment to date but thats not entirely his fault, new coordinators, no qb,(you the man shaun hill by the way) weak head coach (no win) but now hes featured in an offense that tony g flourished in so its all up to him now. I think he will get his first touchdown this weekend but if he doesnt its only a matter of time. this is my first post and im happy to be here as ive been a fan since 1985 got baby pics to prove born n bread baby. go niners

There he is..... Valrod33
I believe Davis scores a touchdown in the 1st half sunday
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
i think VD will since they'll stack the box and try to stop Gore.
you mean like Arizona did and Seattle did? How that work out for him?

he actually had 5 catches vs seattle and 2 on the 80 yard drive. without vern we lose that game. shaun hill needs to get the ball to him like he did vs az. vern was gettin open, thats all you can ask imo. he doesnt decide where the ball goes.

actually 5 catches versus Ari. Without those plays we lose the game sure. I wouldn't say without Vern. That would insinuate he did something out of the norm.

But I ain't trying to get into all that tonight.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

HAHAHAHA! That gif is great.
Originally posted by krizay:
I actually predict 2 td's & ATLEAST 2 threads calling krizay out!

2 merged, 5 locked, 20 pages
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Lets give it up for Vernon Davis! 5 catches for 40 yards! WOOHOOO!!!! He'll have 2 touchdowns all year if he's lucky.

Way to ignore all the things that don't show up in the stats, like blocking for example.

Blocking tight ends aren't taken with the 7th pick buddy.

yeah you tell him, they are taken with the 6th pick

Yeah, the 7th pick (actually 6th) shouldn't have to block. He should just run go routes all day and have 1,200 yards receiving. Also, he should be able to throw the ball just in case all 3 QBs get hurt.

The guy was drafted 6th, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't block. He's good at it and we're a running team, so that's a main part of his role. Plus, even if he isn't being thrown to, the reason why Bruce had a 50 yard reception in Arizona is because of Vernon Davis getting attention. So he's doing a nice job, just a lot of it you don't see in the stats.

Well he would be able to run routes and catch passes all day if our OLine could block. But reality is they can't and he is required to stay in to give Hill enough time to dink and dunk away.

Well then it's the organizations fault for failing to bring in players that would help us utilize Vernon's "talent". He shouldn't be held back just cause our o-line can't block. That's just my opinion.

None of the WR's will have a TD until Hill learns how to get the ball past the RB's
Lets give it up for Vernon Davis! 5 catches for 40 yards! WOOHOOO!!!! He'll have 2 touchdowns all year if he's lucky.

Way to ignore all the things that don't show up in the stats, like blocking for example.

Yeah, the 7th pick (actually 6th) shouldn't have to block. He should just run go routes all day and have 1,200 yards receiving. Also, he should be able to throw the ball just in case all 3 QBs get hurt.

The guy was drafted 6th, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't block. He's good at it and we're a running team, so that's a main part of his role. Plus, even if he isn't being thrown to, the reason why Bruce had a 50 yard reception in Arizona is because of Vernon Davis getting attention. So he's doing a nice job, just a lot of it you don't see in the stats.

Well he would be able to run routes and catch passes all day if our OLine could block. But reality is they can't and he is required to stay in to give Hill enough time to dink and dunk away.

Well then it's the organizations fault for failing to bring in players that would help us utilize Vernon's "talent". He shouldn't be held back just cause our o-line can't block. That's just my opinion.

You know when it's time for Vernon to re-sign (how many years are left on his contract?) not being a bigger factor in the passing game may indeed make it hard for us to convince Vernon to remain.

Personally , I think Vernon has worked his tail off this off-season and during camp and he clearly earned the right to have more balls thrown his way. The Dude already is a hard blocker and never cry's about that role. But come on, his physicall talents alone dictate he needs the ball in his hand more. Simply put, Vernon Davis is a PLAYMAKER.

How hard is it to get him the ball 3 times in the first half and 3 times in the second half. Come on Jimmy Raye, you need to try harder!!!
[ Edited by BigMar on Sep 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran

You know when it's time for Vernon to re-sign (how many years are left on his contract?) not being a bigger factor in the passing game may indeed make it hard for us to convince Vernon to remain.

Personally , I think Vernon has woirked his tail off this off-season and during camp and he clearly earned the right to have more balls throw his way. The Dude already is a hard blocker and never cry's abouth that role. But come on, his physicall talents alone dictate he needs the ball in his hand more. Simply put, Vernon Davis is a PLAYMAKER.

How hard is it to get him the ball 3 times in the first half and 3 times in the second half. Come on Jimmy Raye, you need to try harder!!!

Agreed. I don't think many LBs can cover Davis one on one. If they double or zone it, that leaves other people open. Doesn't take rocket science, but it looks like Davis is used primarily to block and be a decoy. Let's get him the damn ball. He's our best offensive weapon besides Gore.

Personally , I think Vernon has worked his tail off this off-season and during camp and he clearly earned the right to have more balls thrown his way. The Dude already is a hard blocker and never cry's about that role. But come on, his physicall talents alone dictate he needs the ball in his hand more. Simply put, Vernon Davis is a PLAYMAKER.

I think he will stay no matter what just to stay with Mike Singletary. They seem to have a father son type relationship.
I would love to see Vernon Davis have a break out game. Will it happen this weekend?

Very possible,although DET put 129 on them Minn has a very stout defense,especially against the rush so they're gonna dare Hill to beat them(most teams will)so he's gonna have to step up and start hitting Davis more plus Walker and Morgan.
Share 49ersWebzone