There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AP's jock

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/260496-hocks-take-49ers-not-ready-for-peterson-vikings

wow i just read this and i must say this guy has been sucking up on AP for a while. he feels like the last 2 teams that we have played cannot compare to the viks, which is true, but who have the viks played? they havent faced a D like ours and he doesnt understand how great of a player willis is. also states that our "overeager" backs cant handle AP
I didn't find nothing wrong with what he said. It's his opinion and the Vikes o line is a beast. What he says is exactly what the Vikes plan on doing. Everybody isn't gonna be a believer just gotta go out there and make them believe.
The Vikes haven't played anybody yet either.

I think that we will be able to contain Peterson on the ground and force Favre to beat us, but what worries me the most is the screen pass.

Through two games, it seems like we've been burned by the screen a ton of times. And Favre is great at running the screen.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Agreed. We played a throw happy Cardinals team and a Seahawk team that was missing 3 of thier starting lineman. The Vikings are our first true test to not only our run defense but our offense as well.

The good news is the 49ers, through 2 weeks, are finally showing they may be a team that can beat the teams they should/could beat. We haven't done that in years. That's step one. Beating one of the top teams in the conference on the road is a mark of a contender. Sunday we find out just how far along this team is.
Well, we'll see. The writer is obviously a Vikes fan, but the Vikes still have a lot to prove too. This should be a good barometer as to where both teams actually are.
Hes the best back in the league. He brakes tackles with ease, I doubt we will be able to contain him. But we cant let Favre get going
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I think that we will be able to contain Peterson on the ground and force Favre to beat us, but what worries me the most is the screen pass.

Through two games, it seems like we've been burned by the screen a ton of times. And Favre is great at running the screen.

I agree, that screen could hurt us, especially on turf.

Contain AP, get at farve and force him to play. I am incredibly skeptical if he is really to play. He missed a lot of offseason work. A couple turnovers and we're in good shape.

"Farve can't find a receiver. He's gonna keep it up the middle. KABLAMOUD! Oh my, Patrick Willis, I don't think he even got across the line of scrimmage. and farve's body has turned to dust and blown away."
Originally posted by pannin4gold:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I agree, that screen could hurt us, especially on turf.

Contain AP, get at farve and force him to play. I am incredibly skeptical if he is really to play. He missed a lot of offseason work. A couple turnovers and we're in good shape.

"Farve can't find a receiver. He's gonna keep it up the middle. KABLAMOUD! Oh my, Patrick Willis, I don't think he even got across the line of scrimmage. and farve's body has turned to dust and blown away."

Lawson and Parys speed could cause some real problems to the bigger Oline of the Viking since the Viking have different style of Offense the the Card and Hawks
Getting upset about an "article" on bleacher report is the same as getting upset over homers on a Vikings site. It's just a fans opinion which he has his rights to.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
Getting upset about an "article" on bleacher report is the same as getting upset over homers on a Vikings site. It's just a fans opinion which he has his rights to.

Exactly. You can either pull a Crabtree (get mad at the article and threaten not to play the game until the writer changes his opinion) or just play the game and prove on the field that we deserve respect. No point in getting all upset about it.
Yah the Lions and Browns, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

We beat the NFC champs and the supposed revamped badass Seahawks.

This will be a good game this weekend no matter what some stupid beat writer says.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Hes the best back in the league. He brakes tackles with ease, I doubt we will be able to contain him. But we cant let Favre get going

I have described him as Jim Brown with an extra gear. That move in week 1, where he just kind of brushed a DB out of his way, and then kicks it into gear was just amazing.

I believe you can be a ardent fan of your team and still appreciate great play.
I consider myself fortunate to have witnessed players such as Jim Brown, Gayle
Sayers, Barry Sanders, and now AP. Just like I have always been a Montana fan, but can appreciate what Johnny Unitas, John Elway (who I despise to this day), Tom Brady and Dan Fouts have done.
Looking at the way they have played, I dont think they have really proven anything more than we have. They almost lost to the Lions last week. To be honest, I think this game is going to come down to home field advantage. If they were coming to SF, I think we beat them. Since we are going there, I dont want to say we are going to lose, but it is going to be tough.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Looking at the way they have played, I dont think they have really proven anything more than we have. They almost lost to the Lions last week. To be honest, I think this game is going to come down to home field advantage. If they were coming to SF, I think we beat them. Since we are going there, I dont want to say we are going to lose, but it is going to be tough.

Right, it is the Lions. However, we have the Rams who weren't much better last year.
Divisional rivalries can cause some strange things to happen.