There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary's reshaping of Niners

its fun sometimes to look really far back and laugh
Originally posted by xtm059:

Well we were a tough physical and obedient team. Talented as well but mismanagement of players was our downfall. Singletary wasn't ready to be a head coach and he meddled too much with the offense but he did give us a leader. By the time we got a real coach there wereno cancers present so the transition was seamless for Harbaugh thanks in part to Alex Smith. Forever grateful to Alex for what he did summer of 2011
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:33 AM ]
Quite a few members of the draft group evidently wanted to go for Kam Chancellor. Singletary insisted on Taylor Mays. I can't look back and laugh when I remember that.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Quite a few members of the draft group evidently wanted to go for Kam Chancellor. Singletary insisted on Taylor Mays. I can't look back and laugh when I remember that.

Ouch. That's fuggin rough. Not funny at all.
And then we forked over a second for him. An example of Singletary meddling
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

all you can do is look back and cry at what he did. we were not even competitive with teams on the road. that is the perfect example of a hall of fame player who should never be a head coach. we went cheap and look what happened. easily the very worst coach of all time in our history. he had some talent to work with and f**ked it all up. at least with the guy we fired halfway through the 78 season i give him a break , he had no talent to work with unless you count broken down oj simpson and coked up hollywood henderson
Kam Chancellor and Eric Reid would have been a sweet secondary duo.
i wonder if they'd consider Ha Ha Clinton Dix in the 1st rd.....that'd make him and Reid interchangeable...they would cover a lot of ground on the back end and Dix can cover TEs
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Well we were a tough physical and obedient team. Talented as well but mismanagement of players was our downfall. Singletary wasn't ready to be a head coach and he meddled too much with the offense but he did give us a leader. By the time we got a real coach there wereno cancers present so the transition was seamless for Harbaugh thanks in part to Alex Smith. Forever grateful to Alex for what he did summer of 2011

yep. especially during his era and nolans, we had a lot of young talented players, be we were leaderless. not only that, a lot of those young players had huge egos and not a great work ethic. for all of singletary's downfalls, he was able to toughen up a young team and at least physically got them ready for the challenges of the NFL. he got this team ready for a real head coach like harbaugh.

then please just look back and laugh without bumping old threads.

thanks!