LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Will Lawson Record his first sack of the season this week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Lawson Record his first sack of the season this week?

Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by backontop:
Seeing that he's gonna go up against McKinnie, um no not this week.

You do realize that he can be moved around right? Also there are stunts that move him against another OLineman.

Yeah I know, but we use Haralson on the big fat slow right tackle, most of the time, cuz he is our best pass-rusher. Though seeing that John Sullivan isn't Matt Birk, maybe on a 3rd down, Lawson could get a garbage sack, off of the inside pressure of McDonald or J-Smooth (Justin Smith).

garbage sack? So now if Lawson gets a sack it is garbage? wow some people just can't be pleased. Even if Lawson recorde 55 sacks this season some of you would start complaining about his cover skills or run stopping.

Unless it is a garbage type of a sack, meaning coming in free because of inside pressure or a 3 or 4 guys collapsing on Favre, Man-Law will probably have trouble getting to Favre, on Sunday.

I don't see that as a garbage sack. A sack is a sack no matter how you get there. That would be like saying that Frank Gore's TD runs last week were garbage TD's because the holes were so big.

You do realize that he can be moved around right? Also there are stunts that move him against another OLineman.

Yeah I know, but we use Haralson on the big fat slow right tackle, most of the time, cuz he is our best pass-rusher. Though seeing that John Sullivan isn't Matt Birk, maybe on a 3rd down, Lawson could get a garbage sack, off of the inside pressure of McDonald or J-Smooth (Justin Smith).

garbage sack? So now if Lawson gets a sack it is garbage? wow some people just can't be pleased. Even if Lawson recorde 55 sacks this season some of you would start complaining about his cover skills or run stopping.

Unless it is a garbage type of a sack, meaning coming in free because of inside pressure or a 3 or 4 guys collapsing on Favre, Man-Law will probably have trouble getting to Favre, on Sunday.

I don't see that as a garbage sack. A sack is a sack no matter how you get there. That would be like saying that Frank Gore's TD runs last week were garbage TD's because the holes were so big.

Then go after whoever invented the phrase 'garbage sack', cuz that's the definition of a garbage sack, especially if it's like a touch sack for a .5 sack. That's seems the most likely and maybe only way Man-Law will get to Favre.

Then go after whoever invented the phrase 'garbage sack', cuz that's the definition of a garbage sack, especially if it's like a touch sack for a .5 sack. That's seems the most likely and maybe only way Man-Law will get to Favre.

I can see a touch sack. But if a Player gets in free because of the pressure in the middle wouldn't that be just a well designed play?

I can see a touch sack. But if a Player gets in free because of the pressure in the middle wouldn't that be just a well designed play?

The design would be for Ray or Justin to get the sack (like the one's J-Smooth and Ray were in on in Zona in Week 1), if Lawson or Haralson get there to help great, anyway we get the sack is cool. I'm just saying seeing how Man-Law hasn't been getting bunches of sacks and seeing he's going up against one of the better Tackles in the game it's gonna be tough footing for him.
[ Edited by waiting4number6 on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM ]

The design would be for Ray or Justin to get the sack (like the one's J-Smooth and Ray were in on in Zona in Week 1), if Lawson or Haralson get there to help great, anyway we get the sack is cool. I'm just saying seeing how Man-Law hasn't been getting bunches of sacks and seeing he's going up against one of the better Tackles in the game it's gonna be tough footing for him.

How is a play designed for a specific player to get a sack? I can see on a blitz or a stunt but even then it isn't designed for that specific player. Everyone complains about Lawson not getting sacks. But now if he gets a sack it is a "garbage" sack

How is a play designed for a specific player to get a sack? I can see on a blitz or a stunt but even then it isn't designed for that specific player. Everyone complains about Lawson not getting sacks. But now if he gets a sack it is a "garbage" sack

My point is the highest probability of a player to get a sack on a set play, like Manusky tells Haralson one playcall to blitz off the edge, or J-Smooth running a stunt starting up the middle then going outside off the edge, etc. etc. Truth be told Man-Law is what our 3rd maybe 4th best pass rusher (4th probably when McDonald is healthy, hopefully Ray stays that way).
Sack and Manny don't compute.
Manny will get sacks. He has been in the backfield all year. They will eventually start to mount up. It's not like he hasn't pressured QB's. He is the reason that Kurt through that pick to Nate. I'll take pressure INT's over sacks anyday.
I'm gonna say no.

72%. WOW!!!
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 29, 2009 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by BigMar:
Sack and Manny don't compute.

well manny is sux! But he is play well only his way

Originally posted by Chief:
Mister long arms helps everyone else
get sacks, ints, tackles, pressure to force incompletions, he is a terror even though it doesn't show on paper.

Exactly!! Why don't others see this...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Getting sacks is against his religion.
Originally posted by susweel:

The ghetto is a part of my religion.
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
Originally posted by Chief:
Mister long arms helps everyone else
get sacks, ints, tackles, pressure to force incompletions, he is a terror even though it doesn't show on paper.

Exactly!! Why don't others see this...

because all they see is the glory stat of a SACK! Manny Lawson was the same way in college. He seemed to force the QB into Mario Williams
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by susweel:

The ghetto is a part of my religion.

I hate the ghetto, poor people live there.
Share 49ersWebzone