There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Lawson Record his first sack of the season this week?

Will Lawson Record his first sack of the season this week?

Seeing that he's gonna go up against McKinnie, um no not this week.
bump
Originally posted by susweel:
Manny sacking the QB.

good one

I really don't have any faith in Manny any more. Next season, he needs to be pushed for his position.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Will Morgan get 100 yards?
Will VD catch a TD? (Oh i think u made that one)
Will Gore have 6 TDs?

See how lame those kind of posts are?

Will Young2Rice comment off the thread subject?

See how lame those kind of responses are?
Originally posted by BigMar:
Will Gore have 6 TDs?

I can't agree with you, these threads are garbage
Will Gore have 6 TDs?

Ok I'll respond to the subject of this well thought out, insightful thread.

No, I don't think Lawson will get a sack this week.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Didn't he get one in week 2?? I could have swore he got one against the super chickens.

He should have. They gave the Chickens a sack for the same play the Manny did and he did not get one.
I used to think of him as a speed rusher, but his first step is really not that fast.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Manny is never going to be a great pass rusher but in almost every other aspect he has been very good. He dominates TE's against the run consistently pushing them a yard or two into the backfield. Hes been great in pursuit on runs from the backside and even in the pass rush department he has done a good job collapsing the pocket. IMO Manny has been a very pleasant surprise.

I think the key pont is the highlighted above. Why? B/c THIS is a 3-4 defense! In a 3-4 defense, you can make all the excuses you want for Manny and his 6 tackles thus far but in order to make this a true, dominant 3-4 defense like the other's in the league, Manny HAS to not only get to the QB but get there consistently and sacks are often times an end result of that pressure defense. Singletary/Manusky have, for the most part, asked him to do one thing this year and that's rush the passer from both the SAM and WILL positions. FAIL.

If this was a 4-3 defense, then you can make every excuse in the world for how balanced he is. And for the record, Manny couldn't crash down his BMW into the side of a barn if it was right in front of him.

PS: I think b/c you've seen such a vanilla and ineffectiev 3-4 here in SF for so long, your standards have dropped a lot. Go watch the Jets, Cowboys, Patriots, etc....hell, even Denver & AZ to see what real OLB's look like. Eventually the OLB's will lead the team and often times, the league, in sacks and QB pressures like MLB's will lead their teams in tackles and assists. It's HOW they are used. It's their job! Period.

BTW: Hell, even TBC leads the Pats in sacks (2) and QB pressures. How sad is that? Dumervil already has (4) for freaking Nolan's defense in Denver. Now THAT is a double-slap in the face given we could have had Elvis and NOW Nolan unleashes a real unvanilla 3-4 defense? FAIL.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM ]
Will Gore have 6 TDs?

Ok I'll respond to the subject of this well thought out, insightful thread.

No, I don't think Lawson will get a sack this week.

Nice Job!

See it was easy .
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

You do realize that he can be moved around right? Also there are stunts that move him against another OLineman.
Originally posted by backontop:

You do realize that he can be moved around right? Also there are stunts that move him against another OLineman.

Yeah I know, but we use Haralson on the big fat slow right tackle, most of the time, cuz he is our best pass-rusher. Though seeing that John Sullivan isn't Matt Birk, maybe on a 3rd down, Lawson could get a garbage sack, off of the inside pressure of McDonald or J-Smooth (Justin Smith).

Yeah I know, but we use Haralson on the big fat slow right tackle, most of the time, cuz he is our best pass-rusher. Though seeing that John Sullivan isn't Matt Birk, maybe on a 3rd down, Lawson could get a garbage sack, off of the inside pressure of McDonald or J-Smooth (Justin Smith).

garbage sack? So now if Lawson gets a sack it is garbage? wow some people just can't be pleased. Even if Lawson recorde 55 sacks this season some of you would start complaining about his cover skills or run stopping.
Originally posted by susweel:
Manny sacking the QB.

good one

garbage sack? So now if Lawson gets a sack it is garbage? wow some people just can't be pleased. Even if Lawson recorde 55 sacks this season some of you would start complaining about his cover skills or run stopping.

Unless it is a garbage type of a sack, meaning coming in free because of inside pressure or a 3 or 4 guys collapsing on Favre, Man-Law will probably have trouble getting to Favre, on Sunday.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home