There are 311 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary on Showtime

Nice to see some love on a national level. Of course they touched on Crabtree. Nothing new there. Collinsworth asks about changing the culture of great offenses, with the focus now on defense and running...

What I liked was Singletary going beyond the questions and getting back to his main point, of putting these special players in the right place to do special things...

Singletary is a preacher. Todays NFL complexities are run by the coordinators. But Singletary is that glue.... He's MY BOY BLUE!!!!

He will lead us to the promised land. He's got the fire. Dare I say it, I love that man


[ Edited by Kolohe on Sep 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM ]
They were just covering us, and had Mike Singletary on for a quick 'satellite' interview with James Brown & Collinsworth (asking Mike the usual questions about changing the culture, tamper-gate, ect. -very classy interview).

When it came down to our season prediction, Warren Sapp and Phil Simms have us winning the NFC West/making the playoffs... while Collinsworth on the other hand said (in a low voice) that we're not going to beat out the Cardinals... yeah.

All three of them agree that Sunday is going to be a tough one to call (and it's gonna be the big game of the week), but they're all penciling in the Vikings to win.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM ]
Showtime actually

But nice to see Simms and Sapp with a vote of confidence that we'll win the west (Sapp) and def. make the playoffs (Simms). Collinsworthless continues to sip on the haterade.
Originally posted by rodbeezy:
Showtime actually

But nice to see Simms and Sapp with a vote of confidence that we'll win the west (Sapp) and def. make the playoffs (Simms). Collinsworthless continues to sip on the haterade.

collins loves the 9ers....lol
Hut hut hut hut hut!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=130327
After 22 years, Collinsworth still cant let those SB losses go.
Originally posted by jones49:
After 22 years, Collinsworth still cant let those SB losses go.

He has that bitter taste in his mouth....

I would recommend Scope
can't wait for Sunday!!!
Did Micheal Lombardi say something about Parker compromising with the Niners?
NFL Total Access on NFL Network also called our game, 49ers @ Vikings, the game of the week.
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Nice to see some love on a national level. Of course they touched on Crabtree. Nothing new there. Collinsworth asks about changing the culture of great offenses, with the focus now on defense and running...

What I liked was Singletary going beyond the questions and getting back to his main point, of putting these special players in the right place to do special things...

Singletary is a preacher. Todays NFL complexities are run by the coordinators. But Singletary is that glue.... He's MY BOY BLUE!!!!

He will lead us to the promised land. He's got the fire. Dare I say it, I love that man



I wasn't originally on board with Singletary, but the bolded text sums up today's NFL. Very well said. The single most important objective of a head coach in today's league is to manage the momentum swings in a game.

Singletary calling the timeout week 1 when we were on defense late in the game was the savviest thing I've seen a coach do here in a long, long time. If he was preoccupied about Xs and Os he would not have had the presence of mind to make that call and we would have absolutely lost that game.
[ Edited by the_woad on Sep 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Did Micheal Lombardi say something about Parker compromising with the Niners?

HUH? WHAT? WHO? WHEN? WHERE?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Did Micheal Lombardi say something about Parker compromising with the Niners?

HUH? WHAT? WHO? WHEN? WHERE?

I didn't watch the show yet but was told Lombardi was on there saying Parker is willing to compromise if the niners are too.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Did Micheal Lombardi say something about Parker compromising with the Niners?

HUH? WHAT? WHO? WHEN? WHERE?

I didn't watch the show yet but was told Lombardi was on there saying Parker is willing to compromise if the niners are too.

hope he doesnt mean compromise as in giving in what he wants. the damn bas***d