LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we 2-0 if Alex was starting?

I think the same question can be asked after each and every game - what if Alex started?
Based on what we've seen of him in the past, one could easily say we are better off with Shaun.
There is a reason (actually more than one) why Shaun is the starting QB when we have a healthy Alex sitting around.
Anyways.
Originally posted by HowardStern:
Already been done. The year after Alex took us to a 7-9 record, he started 2-0. Bertrand Berry sat on his shoulder, and the rest is history.

Props to Hill for winning more convincingly. He has a more talented team around him, to be fair though.

Alex is talented & has a lot of upside. I hate how much venom people have for him in the Bay.

Yeah I agree. When Smith was starting we had one of the worst defenses in the league. If you think all the way back to Smith before his injury, this team is more talented...and by far. I like that Hill is managing games for us, but I still think that at some point, you need a guy who can carry a team on his shoulders at the QB position. I just dont think that Hill can do that with his talents.

Call me a Alex lover or whatever, but I just think the kid has a much higher ceiling than Hill.

Look at Drew Brees. He sucked until his 4th or 5th year and now he is pretty much the new Dan Marino. I kinda see Smith in a similar mold, but Smith was interrupted in his 3rd year by a shoulder injury. They say a guy shouldnt lose his job due to injury, but that is exactly what happened to Smith.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No, he would have screwed it up some how.
we would have scored 200 points by now
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
As much as I have given up on small hands I think we'd still be 2-0. Shaun Hill was steady and consistent when he needed to be but had a bunch of plays disrupted because of his pocket presence and side armed delivery. I think Alex, against the Cards and Hawks would do a little better in the passing game and hence, we'd still probably win and be 2-0.

Who could say, but we would have at least 1 or 2 ints thrown by now. If that would have happened in the Tard game, we could have lost. But who knows.

Hill dodged a few bullets with his passing and he looked like JTO on that one fumble play.

Yeah who knows...I'm just thinking back also to those two wins Alex had against both the Hawks and Turds in 06 and 07.

even the worst nfl players have had some good games that are highly unrepresentative of their overall capabilities and standards of play. Ryan Leaf won his first game with the Chargers. Alex lit it up in 2 games, but took a s**t on the field on most of his other games. Look at all the first round QBs and how they play, with a few exceptions, Alex Smith can't carry their jockstraps.

No, we would not be 2-0 with Smith at QB.
Oh, Ninertalk!
Originally posted by English:
Oh, Ninertalk!

i think im gonna start one too

If Nate Davis is starting can anybody beat us ?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Oh, Ninertalk!

Go for it. We would be 3-0 by now if he had been starting
Oh, Ninertalk!

He would be leading the NFL in all passing stats
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Already been done. The year after Alex took us to a 7-9 record, he started 2-0. Bertrand Berry sat on his shoulder, and the rest is history.

Props to Hill for winning more convincingly. He has a more talented team around him, to be fair though.

Alex is talented & has a lot of upside. I hate how much venom people have for him in the Bay.

Yeah I agree. When Smith was starting we had one of the worst defenses in the league. If you think all the way back to Smith before his injury, this team is more talented...and by far. I like that Hill is managing games for us, but I still think that at some point, you need a guy who can carry a team on his shoulders at the QB position. I just dont think that Hill can do that with his talents.

Call me a Alex lover or whatever, but I just think the kid has a much higher ceiling than Hill.

Look at Drew Brees. He sucked until his 4th or 5th year and now he is pretty much the new Dan Marino. I kinda see Smith in a similar mold, but Smith was interrupted in his 3rd year by a shoulder injury. They say a guy shouldnt lose his job due to injury, but that is exactly what happened to Smith.

Once again I ask this question......If Alex is the better QB and should not have lost job due to injury, why didn't he win the job in preseason? He had a whole preseason of camp, games, scrimmages to do it. Yet he could not beat out Hill.

WTF people! Let it go!!!! It's over...Alex is done.
Oh, Ninertalk!

Fact: Craptree would have signed by now if Alex started. It's the difference between a noodle arm and and rocket arm. Craptree likes rocket arms.

How do so many of you get this wrong?

It was Rocky Bernard of the Seahawks, not Bertrand Berry of the Arizona Cardinals.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Oh, Ninertalk!

Fact: Craptree would have signed by now if Alex started. It's the difference between a noodle arm and and rocket arm. Craptree likes rocket arms.

if he likes rocket arms why was he playing catch with trent dilfer
Originally posted by BigMar:
Oh, Ninertalk!

It comes as no shock why they ran you off the .com board.
Share 49ersWebzone