There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who was responsible for shutting out Carlson?

Since when has Lawson ever shut out anybody besides himself on sacking the QB. Lawson is the biggest turd on the team. I cannot understand why fans are still on his nuts.
Originally posted by susweel:
Since when has Lawson ever shut out anybody besides himself on sacking the QB. Lawson is the biggest turd on the team. I cannot understand why fans are still on his nuts.

actually Lawson is a great cover guy. So where you got that from I don't know.
Originally posted by backontop:

So not true. He had one bog game against Gonzalez and one tremendous INT but is totally over-rated on coverage. He was pretty bad last year and has already given up one TD this year. He's decent but as an OLB in the 3-4, coverage should be his last responsibility.

BTW: Lawson has only 6 tackles, 0 sacks and 0 passes defended.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by backontop:

So not true. He had one bog game against Gonzalez and one tremendous INT but is totally over-rated on coverage. He was pretty bad last year and has already given up one TD this year. He's decent but as an OLB in the 3-4, coverage should be his last responsibility.

BTW: Lawson has only 6 tackles, 0 sacks and 0 passes defended.

Last year was also his first year back from injury. An injury that takes an average of 2 years to return to 100%. He has always been pretty good in coverage.
Originally posted by krizay:

5 catches for 40 yards got Vernon a thread about turning the corner and

Carlson gets 6 catches for 46 yards and he got shut down.

What's wrong with this picture?

You're hatred for Vernon Davis?