LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Bill Walsh and Shaun Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Youngone:
I opened this to see how ridiculous this thread was.

On a related subject what do you think Tom Landry thought of Tony Romo?

Did Vince Lombardi ever comment on Aaron Rodgers?
  • BigD49ers
  • Info N/A
Way to disrespect a legend and a current player in your first post.

I'm sure you'll make a fine member.
I am so sorry, I didn't realize you were trying to keep this thread serious.
Originally posted by BigD49ers:
Way to disrespect a legend and a current player in your first post.

I'm sure you'll make a fine member.

I am so sorry, I didn't realize you were trying to keep this thread serious.
Don't worry about it. How can anyone keep a thread about Bill Walsh and Hill serious?
Bill Walsh did think that Hill is better than Montana, Young, and Garcia combined.

My friend told me, who heard it from his cousin, who heard it from the janitor, who cleans the school where he heard a kid say he heard something about it on the internets.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Bill Walsh did think that Hill is better than Montana, Young, and Garcia combined.

My friend told me, who heard it from his cousin, who heard it from the janitor, who cleans the school where he heard a kid say he heard something about it on the internets.

And it all originated through Michael Craptree cousin.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Walsh evaluated young players in the latter part of his life. For example, he made numerous comments about the quarterbacks of the 1999 draft class and talked about Jake Delhomme (who only became a starter in 2003).

Walsh was a consultant during the 2002 draft--Hill's rookie year--and could have easily said something about Shaun. Hill also performed very well in NFL Europe in 2003, but was with the Vikings at that time.

So comparing Lombardi/Rodgers and Landry/Romo makes no damn sense whatsoever; Walsh could have easily known about Hill. And given that he specialized in quarterbacks, he could have easily said something about him.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
The original poster asks a valid question. Let's keep the responses valid folks. If you want a joke thread start it in the Lot.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Walsh evaluated young players in the latter part of his life. For example, he made numerous comments about the quarterbacks of the 1999 draft class and talked about Jake Delhomme (who only became a starter in 2003).

Walsh was a consultant during the 2002 draft--Hill's rookie year--and could have easily said something about Shaun. Hill also performed very well in NFL Europe in 2003, but was with the Vikings at that time.

So comparing Lombardi/Rodgers and Landry/Romo makes no damn sense whatsoever; Walsh could have easily known about Hill. And given that he specialized in quarterbacks, he could have easily said something about him.

Share 49ersWebzone