LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

The Official Brian Jennings Experience

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Allx9er:
damn classy statement by jennings

Yep. Great guy. Some of the names he listed as thank you's took me waaaaay back.

At the same time, I applaud Harbaalke for having the balls to make this decision. You can't hold on to the past forever, and at some point you've got to realize it is time to move on.
wish they kept him for another year so we can win a ring for him!
If we would win one I'd give him one even if he's with another team.
Really bad move, we trade the best LS in the game for a kid who can't even get a preseason snap right...
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Really bad move, we trade the best LS in the game for a kid who can't even get a preseason snap right...

That's a bit extreme.
Originally posted by redrathman:

That's a bit extreme.

How so... I'm being real, when has Jennings ever messed up never. Why should he lose his job he didn't mess up in the preseason, the kid did if anyone shouldn't get the job its the guy doing a bad job at it, not the old guy who can still do it... The only profession in America that gets away with age discrimination!
  • Antix
  • Veteran

he deserved a ring as much as anybody and im actually sad to see him go. everybody loves jennings. wish him the best
Originally posted by redrathman:

That's a bit extreme.

How so... I'm being real, when has Jennings ever messed up never. Why should he lose his job he didn't mess up in the preseason, the kid did if anyone shouldn't get the job its the guy doing a bad job at it, not the old guy who can still do it... The only profession in America that gets away with age discrimination!

Everyone loves Jennings but he was an unproven rookie at one point too. Let's give the new kid a chance...
Some team will sign him soon

13 years, through best of Garcia to the worst of Nowin

Longsnappers matter, just ask the Giants -- I hope this doesn't boomerang us

Wish him all the best, my favorite team photo of all time

Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by Niners99:
What is the benefit to letting him go if his skills havent diminished? I dont care how good this new guy has looked in the preseason, its how you perform when the big pressure is on. This could end up costing us a big game.

I read from the beat reporters that this will save about $500,000 on the cap, which can be rolled forward to next season. It will help with some of the signings needed next year (Kaep, Aldon, etc).

Is a muffed snap in a huge playoff moment worth 500,000 bucks? Thats nothing. Jennings' experience and cool head in those moments is why he made that kind of money.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
What is the benefit to letting him go if his skills havent diminished? I dont care how good this new guy has looked in the preseason, its how you perform when the big pressure is on. This could end up costing us a big game.

I read from the beat reporters that this will save about $500,000 on the cap, which can be rolled forward to next season. It will help with some of the signings needed next year (Kaep, Aldon, etc).

Is a muffed snap in a huge playoff moment worth 500,000 bucks? Thats nothing. Jennings' experience and cool head in those moments is why he made that kind of money.
I agree and a muffed snap is only half of it. One snap too high or too low can definitely alter a punt even despite having the best punter in the league.
I don't understand why they could'nt have reached some middle ground to reduce his salary to say 750k.. Jennings was about the closest thing there is to automatic in the NF L. ..Certainly worth paying above minimum wage for.

I get that the 49ers are looking to spend smart... I sure hope this does'nt blow up in in our faces.
I too wish there was some sort of middle ground, but I do believe there are league minimums for experience. Sad to see this guy go...
I trust Harbaugh and Baalke but the 2002 playoff was proof that a good long snapper isn't something to take for granted, I hope letting Jennings go doesn't screw us over.
Share 49ersWebzone