There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Brian Jennings Experience

Horrible move, now we got to deal with a rookie longsnapper, were going to lose games because of this kid f**king great!
As his number 1 fan....this is the saddest day ever. His centaur-osity will always live on. He needed one more game Harbaugh....just one more game. He got Murtaghed.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
It was a great run. Started with Jerry Rice and finished with Colin Kaepernick. Never faltered... not once.

Best wishes Brian Jennings. Thank you.
They've been trying to replace Jennings since seely came on board. He finally found someone close enough to justify pulling the trigger...especially with 500k savings.

Jennings will be able to go to another team and play for a few more years. His skills haven't diminished, and his age doesn't really matter that much with what he does.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]
Who remembers the raiders game last year when they lost their longsnapper
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Horrible move, now we got to deal with a rookie longsnapper, were going to lose games because of this kid f**king great!

Yeah I really hope this doesn't bite us in the ass.

Best of luck to Jennings. But It really wouldn't surprise me if we bring him back barring retirement.
What is the benefit to letting him go if his skills havent diminished? I dont care how good this new guy has looked in the preseason, its how you perform when the big pressure is on. This could end up costing us a big game.
Anyone read the letter he wrote upon his release. Class act. I shed a tear reading that thing. Must be hard for him and I feel bad for him. But it is a business and he understands that.
How classy. The business side of football strikes again. No way he was truely beaten out it's just too uch to paying a long snapper when we think someone else can do the job just as well..
Originally posted by 1swift:
How classy. The business side of football strikes again. No way he was truely beaten out it's just too uch to paying a long snapper when we think someone else can do the job just as well..

Say he(Jennings) is a FA and McDermott struggles, we can always re-sign Jennings to a vet min $940K deal, that counts $555K against the cap. Hoping tho McDermott works out. No botch snaps please.
Originally posted by Niners99:
What is the benefit to letting him go if his skills havent diminished? I dont care how good this new guy has looked in the preseason, its how you perform when the big pressure is on. This could end up costing us a big game.

I read from the beat reporters that this will save about $500,000 on the cap, which can be rolled forward to next season. It will help with some of the signings needed next year (Kaep, Aldon, etc).
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Who knew he was also secretly Ernest Hemingway.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone read the letter he wrote upon his release. Class act. I shed a tear reading that thing. Must be hard for him and I feel bad for him. But it is a business and he understands that.

I got a little choked up too reading his speech. I hope he still keeps his long snapping camp going!
Just saw a bad snap in the Georgia Clemson game. Ohhhh nooooo
Thank you Brian Jennings!