LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

The Official Brian Jennings Experience

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
^^
If it weren't for the copious god references, I would shed a tear, but thats another topic completely.

His religious beliefs are a central part of who he is. Gotta respect that.
Originally posted by dj43:
^^
If it weren't for the copious god references, I would shed a tear, but thats another topic completely.

His religious beliefs are a central part of who he is. Gotta respect that.
This!
Never thought I would feel something over a long snapper getting cut

RIP to the zones chuck Norris
Will drink one extra beer on game day for you BJ..thanks for everything
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Argghhhh, dam kids.

Kids everywhere!!!!!
Going with rookie long-snapper Kevin McDermott over Brian Jennings saves the 49ers $535K on the salary cap.

tough business.

Jennings had a year left on this deal. If you can grab his replacement and you believe in the new guy, you do it.

They could have re-signed him if they wanted to next year. I'm sure he wasn't shopping himself. One of the best players during the lean years. This is the first cut that has left me sad in several years.
49ers hall of fame for sure
Thank you Brian Jennings for years of greatness at your small but important task. There were many signs on this one so I can't say I am totally surprised.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Jennings was great for the team but it's time to move on. I felt the same way when we got rid of Randy Kirk and drafted some rookie named.....Brian Jennings.
I am going to miss his consistency and his crazy mugshot like team photo

Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Never thought I would feel something over a long snapper getting cut

RIP to the zones chuck Norris

This. Thanks Brian.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
I hope he retires as a 49er and doesnt go somewhere else to squeeze out a year or 2 Ala Brett Favre.
Wish him all the best. Best in the business.
Horrible move, now we got to deal with a rookie longsnapper, were going to lose games because of this kid f**king great!
As his number 1 fan....this is the saddest day ever. His centaur-osity will always live on. He needed one more game Harbaugh....just one more game. He got Murtaghed.
Share 49ersWebzone