LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

The Official Brian Jennings Experience

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not sure that a salary move even makes sense...they save what....$400k.....$500k by bringing in McDermott? I think ultimately it comes down to expected performance in the next few years and maybe the coaches see that Jennings is on the decline.

Every dollar is going to count when resigning Kaep, Iupati, Crabtree and Aldon in the next 2yrs. They're smart to carry over every last nickle they can from this years cap
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
cheap ass York's always trying to save a few bucks.
Called this in the offseason. Even mocked us drafting Mcdermott in the 7th. The staff really likes Mcdermott IMO. They have for the entire offseason.
Originally posted by jreff22:
welcome to last week

Haha
welcome to last week

LOL!
No matter how good you think McDermott is, losing Jennings would hurt our special teams more than you think. People don't realize that missed field goals a lot of times can be partially due to the snapper -- and I'm talking about when it's not obvious like a high or low snap.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Called this in the offseason. Even mocked us drafting Mcdermott in the 7th. The staff really likes Mcdermott IMO. They have for the entire offseason.

Wow, you even picked McDermott? Nice. I had BJ going in the off season b/c they wanted guys who could at least play on ST coverage units (#3 QB, LS, etc.).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Wow, you even picked McDermott? Nice. I had BJ going in the off season b/c they wanted guys who could at least play on ST coverage units (#3 QB, LS, etc.).

Yea i did actually. He was one of the few picks i hit on actually, even though it doesnt count i guess because he went undrafted and i had him going to us in the 7th. The staff scouted him alot and brought him in for numerous workouts if i remember correctly. they seemed to really like him and i think they have been ready to make this move for awhile now based on them bringing in competition there the ast few offseasons.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Is he just being a "cheap ass" or is he trying to replace the two "faces of the franchise" for the last seven years (Vernon Davis & Patrick Willis) with the "faces of the franchise" for the next seven years (Colin Kaepernick & Aldon Smith)?!
Harbaugh blamed that missed fg last night on McDermott, Jenninngs has a PERFECT long snapping record in recent history

Jennings is set to make 1.61 million and cutting him would save 940k with a 221k hit. Now next year is the last year of his deal and if we cut him before next season we would save 1.035 million with $0 for a cap hit. So whether it's this your or next seems like he is gone. We will be saving up for all our 2015 FAs. Of course we would like to have Jennings, Goodwin, possibly Whitner back after this season but might have to move on with the future. Anyways, we will have to decide is it worth it to save 940k and pay McDermott 405k. Savings of 545k. I'd probably say no but if we did cut him I'd take that extra money plus the extra saved from Haralson and extend Iupati. Front load it so Iupati eats most of the 6.88 mil plus 1.15 Haralson plus 940k Jennings (8.943 mil). Save a little for emergencies.
If thier even the vets leavin.
welcome to last week

lol
Originally posted by outside4949:
If thier even the vets leavin.

??
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Really, then next year you will probably be complaining we couldn't sign Iupati because of bad cap management. SMH.
Share 49ersWebzone