LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

The Official Brian Jennings Experience

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When they mentioned that we had to get the kick off, I thought, we have Brian Jennings as our long snapper. This is cake. Old reliable (just like Andy Lee). Now here is a guy that has really seen it all. From Mooch, to Erickson, Nolan, etc.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
When they mentioned that we had to get the kick off, I thought, we have Brian Jennings as our long snapper. This is cake. Old reliable (just like Andy Lee). Now here is a guy that has really seen it all. From Mooch, to Erickson, Nolan, etc.

Yeah funny, a sudden calm came over me when they(analyst) mentioned Jennings will be the long napper. You never really realize how important of a position the guy really plays, and how amazing he has done his job for so many years.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
All hail Lord Jennings

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-longest-tenured-player-battle-spot
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-longest-tenured-player-battle-spot

There's no need to replace Jennings unless that player can LS and back up another spot.
I told you guys Mcdermott was no joke. I dont know if he wins a spot or not, but he is capable. The staff scouted the s**t out of him, and it sounds like they really like him.
This sounds like a finical thing. We free up cap space by going with a rook over the Centaur.

However like all things in his life BJ will far and away surpass all challengers. I am not worried about this so called competition. The only way to improve a team sometimes is to upset their lord of battle and have his righteous wrath light a fire amongst all his breathren. Lord Jennings will go nowhere.
Brian Jennings was a beast tonight! What perfect snaps! Get out of here rook. The Centaur will be our long snapper for at least the next 30-40 years....or at least until our alien overlords come to take over the planet. Then he will be needed to win humanities freedom back. It would be wrong to ask him to continue to long snap for us.
So i guess Jim Harbaugh values his job at $405k.....
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
real sad to see you go but it appears the writing is on the wall.

Originally posted by redrathman:
I'll just leave this here...

The last link to Mooch's would-be dynasty

Nooooooooooo
The 13 year vet of the Niners might wind up getting axed in salary cap move for undrafted rookie. This guy has been here since the mooch era. Is he the longest tenured player ever to don a 49er uniform?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yup he's done
welcome to last week
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
The 13 year vet of the Niners might wind up getting axed in salary cap move for undrafted rookie. This guy has been here since the mooch era. Is he the longest tenured player ever to don a 49er uniform?

Not sure that a salary move even makes sense...they save what....$400k.....$500k by bringing in McDermott? I think ultimately it comes down to expected performance in the next few years and maybe the coaches see that Jennings is on the decline.
Share 49ersWebzone